Author Topic: Application Crash  (Read 4759 times)

Offline SickPuP

• View Profile
Application Crash
« on: December 26, 2009, 08:46:26 pm »
When the application opens the default database on load, if you try to open another instance of the application it freaks out and crashes.   The bug report also requires an email account configured on the pc.  I suggestion building in an internal email method to report bugs or remove that functionality and just tell them to go to the forum.  Many people use webmail now and those won't launch as a default email application from the OS. 

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Application Crash
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 11:45:18 pm »
If you're using the (default) embedded version Firebird, I suppose it's going to lock the database and cause a "freak out." For those who want to open another instance of the program for a different database, a more graceful behaviour would be to present a File Open dialog. A workaround would be to use the -portable switch for the second instance. This will force the program to use a different configuration file (in the application directory) which can point to a different database.

I'm not sure, but I imagine the bug reporter is just using mailto. If you choose to use webmail, it's up to you to configure your OS and browser so mailto invokes your chosen webmail application.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Application Crash
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 02:33:35 pm »
Could you save the bug report and send it to me?
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!