Author Topic: Zfanart skin  (Read 13453 times)

Offline Zacca

• User
    • View Profile
Zfanart skin
« on: October 26, 2009, 08:33:56 pm »
Yep another skin from me ;)
I v take the fanart from themoviedb.org and i v loaded it on the screenshot.
I added the tab for my fun and is very interesting for save space.
Good skin to all  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Zfanart skin
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 11:52:47 pm »
Another nice illustration. I'm tempted to experiment with tabs again, but I think I would need a keyboard shortcut (that I can program to my remote) for switching tabs for this to be worthwhile.

It's too bad there isn't a way to display one screen shot at a time (like posters). This doesn't work so well when there are multiple screenshots/fan art images. Hmm... Is it possible to define a fixed height box for the screen shots—so it has to scroll to show multiple images?

This also reminds me it would be nice to have a script for TheMovieDb.org, so I'll update this topic.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 12:16:22 am »
In fact, if you name the tabs like "&Test", you should be able to switch to this tab using ALT+T (programmable for remote)
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 01:21:27 am »
Oh, right. For speed, I'd prefer a tabbing function, but that will work—using my remote software "MultiPress menu" function.

Just one problem... If a tab is defined but doesn't exist for a particular movie (e.g., a movie with no images), selection the tab causes a "List index out of bounds" error.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 01:51:59 am »
OK, I obviously have not though about a possibility to select an invisible tab. I will fix this in 0.9.9.15
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 02:16:31 am »
That's okay. As long as it's fixed before Zacca modifies my Theatre View skin for tabs. Colourful tabs. With borders!  ;D

I'd do it myself, but it's only been five months since I finished that one, and I haven't fully recovered.  :P

Offline Zacca

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 12:50:11 pm »
It's too bad there isn't a way to display one screen shot at a time (like posters). This doesn't work so well when there are multiple screenshots/fan art images. Hmm... Is it possible to define a fixed height box for the screen shots—so it has to scroll to show multiple images?

I don't v find a way to increase and decrease the size of the screenshot in percentage like the poster :(

Offline Zacca

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 12:55:35 pm »
That's okay. As long as it's fixed before Zacca modifies my Theatre View skin for tabs. Colourful tabs. With borders!  ;D

I'd do it myself, but it's only been five months since I finished that one, and I haven't fully recovered.  :P

Tell me what do u want and when i v some time i'll make it
Is an honor for me  ;D

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 06:49:52 pm »
Thanks, Zacca, but I'm not sure yet what I want. I'll have to try putting my existing sections into tabs, and then see how that works using a remote control. I find having everything in one page works well because expanding/collapsing fields and scrolling is easy to do with a remote. Improving that with tabs might be tricky. There are also some new features I'd like to see first...

o If fields could be used more than once, some could be placed on a "main" tab, and repeated in other tabs (e.g., Genre on the main tab, and Genre, Tones, Categories, Attributes... on a "classification" tab).

o The ability to show one screen shot/fan art image at a time—so it can be used sort of like a banner—as in your illustration.

o A TheMovieDb plugin so we actually have fan art to use in the skin. ;)

Offline Two Wire

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 02:50:30 am »

I downloaded the Zfanart Skin but can not get my cover art pictures to display as shown in the post. A single picture appears in the upper right-hand corner of the skin. I have the fan art but can not figure out how Zacca "loaded it on the screenshot."

How is this done?

Offline Zacca

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 01:52:32 pm »

I downloaded the Zfanart Skin but can not get my cover art pictures to display as shown in the post. A single picture appears in the upper right-hand corner of the skin. I have the fan art but can not figure out how Zacca "loaded it on the screenshot."

How is this done?

The only image you see in your skin is the cover.
Double click on the movie title, in the bottom there is the screenshot box.
Load a funart image in one of this and i think it will work   ;D

Offline Two Wire

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 06:39:39 pm »
Zacca, thanks for the reply. However, I am still having difficulity. What I saw at the bottom of the screen, after following your instructions, were two boxes: a front cover box and a rear cover box. I loaded jpeg images into these two boxes but nothing happens at the top of the screen. I still have the movie title box at the top with the dvd cover art it the top right hand corner. The two other images remained at the bottom of the screen. Do I need to edit the xml file to place the artwork at the top center as it appears in your orginial post or is there a setting I have not set properly?

Offline Zacca

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 07:10:09 pm »
No no sorry, i'm wrong
Double click in the title movie
Now you see a movie icon in the top, if you put your cursor in the icon you see 4 small icon in the top-left
click on the first to load the funart or in the second to open the screenshot maker.

Offline Two Wire

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 10:49:40 pm »
Zacca, Let me ask one more time.

After I double click the movie title nothing changes except that it puts me in edit mode. I' not sure what you mean by movie icon, but the movie artwork remains in the top right-hand corner. When I move the cursor to this area five icons appear: Use as default; Load image from file; Get poster from Amazon; Acquire from scanner; Save image to file; and Remove image. Are these the icons to which you are referring? There is nothing here dealing with screenshot maker. The only place I find this is by clicking Movies on the menu bar. When I open screenshot maker there is nothing I can do accept capture an image if a video is playing.

Anyway, all this disucssion may be getting off topic, for all I am asking is why does not a larger image appear above the movie title in the downloaded file as it shows in you post?

I have included two attachments showing the before and after screens of  a double click of the movie title. I don't know if this helps or not.
 I tried pasting the  images directly but had no luck
Thanks for you patience

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 04:35:01 am »
The image in question is a screenshot, not a poster. Have you saved the fan art you wish to use as a screenshot?

Offline Two Wire

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 11:26:44 pm »
Thanks Rick.ca. After the last post I looked at the xml file and saw that I needed a screenshot image. My question at this point is how do I convert a jpeg image into a screenshot. I have explored many options but to no avail. It may not be possible, but this is what I thought Zacca said he did. Any clues would be much appreciated

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 11:48:10 pm »
There's no need to "convert" the image. It just needs to be saved in the database as a screenshot. Select the image you want to use, Save image to file (anywhere on your HDD), then select the screenshot placeholder and Load image from file (the one you just saved).

Maybe someday we'll get commands for saving images to and from the clipboard. That would make this and many similar operations much simpler.

Offline Two Wire

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 02:49:37 am »
Success!

First, let me say I could never get the screenshot maker to work and this may have been part of my problem. Since I used an external player with its own screenshot maker I did not pursue the issue any farther. If I remember correctly the log indicated something like, unable to connect, or something like that. I thought it was probably a file association problem and gave it no further thought.

Anyway, here is what I did to get the image to appear, even though it was a strange solution.

I could not find the "screenshot box" Zacca was describing.  It was unfamiliar to me as I had never seen this before. I tried various things unsuccessfully. My shotgun approach to finding a solution was not working.

While taking a shower it occured to me that maybe the screenshot extension was something other than a jpg. So, after drying off and dressing,  I changed the extension to .png and imported the file into the poster box, because that was the only box available. When I did this I noticed the fields moving down the screen, leaving a large blank space at the top. While scrolling through this vast wasteland I saw another box which, as it turns out, was the screenshot box. I moved my cursor to this box and successfully imported a jpg file.

I'm not even going to try figure out how this might happened, but it does work and now I can get on to getting ready for Thanksgiving.

Thanks Rick and Zacca for your assistance