Author Topic: Screenshot Maker  (Read 4235 times)

mgpw4me@yahoo.com

Screenshot Maker
« on: January 06, 2010, 04:05:52 am »
In short, there doesn't appear to be a way to make additional screen shots from anything other than the first file.  I've only tried this on DVD files, played directly from the DVD.

After I've made screenshots, if I go back into the screenshot maker to add some 'extra' images, I notice a couple of things.  The following can be reproduced 100% of the time on my system, using an unencrypted DVD (vob files).

The list of vob files comes up, as do the screenshots that have already been made, BUT only the first VOB file in the list can be played.  

- If I try to double click any other file, it crashes PVD.
- If I let the first one play, it will not continue to the second when it's done.
- Selecting a different file and clicking "play" starts playback from the first file and never continues to the selected file.  

DVD images over 4GB don't appear to be supported.  The screen shot maker automatically deselects the 5th file after I select it, and if I re-enable it, quite often, no screen shots will be made.

On a similar topic, a couple of things would be useful in the screen shot process.

1) a combobox to override the aspect ratio for cases where the source is improperly displayed (usually when the source is not letterboxed).   Sample with video specs from 52-Pickup included...powerdvd displays the file correctly.
2) an option to SAVE an image, rather than deleting the ones you don't want.  I find about 20 - 25% of the images are all that are usable by the time I take out the ultra close-ups, blurry frames, dark frames, extreme far shots and uninteresting shots (doorways, traffic, buildings, etc.).  On exit, instead of auto-saving the files, a pop-up would ask whether to save the files that have not already been saved (if none were saved manually, it could auto-save them all without a pop-up so it wouldn't affect anyone who prefers the current methodology).

----

Further testing indicates 16:9 PAL sources are being incorrectly scaled.  I haven't seen this in any of the other formats.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:45:22 am by mgpw4me@yahoo.com »

mgpw4me@yahoo.com

Re: Screenshot Maker
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 05:18:31 am »
Further testing on the inability to play secondary files on a DVD... 

If I have only one file in a file path, it is always playable, so I guess the problem is that multiple files in a file path aren't being parsed correctly with a manual invocation of the screen shot maker.  This isn't problematic since I now have a way to get screen shots from the whole DVD, but it was certainly a surprise since the settings for random / incremental screen shots use all the files supplied in a path. 

Knowing this, I can now bypass the 4GB limit as well.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Screenshot Maker
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 02:39:36 pm »
Thx for the information, I will fix this asap
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

anything