English > Talk

Whisky

(1/2) > >>

nostra:
I am finding myself enjoying whisky a lot for some time now and the wide variety of tastes does not seem to end  ;D

Trying to remember which bottles I already tried and the taste and nose was got me to write another little database - Whisky Catalog.

If there is some one here who likes whisky and wants to keep track of what was tasted and such, then feel free to get the app here: http://www.smsw.info

buah:
I wanted to reply earlier, but was too busy with getting along with PVD. ;D

I must say that I'm not that into whiskey for a few years, but became wine fan. I even have my own collection of worldwide wines, and once in a 4-5 months I make parties for my friends with titles:"South American (mostly Chilean) wines from my collection", "Australian and New Zealand wines from my collection", "Italian wines...", all tasted with Riedel Vinum Extreme series glasses.

I also contributed to the upcoming Serbian release of "1001 Wines You Must Taste Before You Die"

The next party should happen at the end of April, or beginning of May and I have dilemma will it be "Californian wines" or "South African wines" party.

Of course - you're all invited. ;)

nostra:
Hm, I think you can use this app for wines as well ;)

As for your invitation: I do not think I will get to visit Serbia this spring, but thx for inviting :)

buah:
Well, maybe you don't know what you're missing ;)

You're welcome, whenever. Just let me know.

Data1001:
Thanks for the link, nostra ... as it happens, I'm enjoying a subtle little Scotch called Balvenie right this very moment, that I just picked up the other week at Trader Joe's. I only started drinking Scotch regularly a few years ago, and when I did, it was generally Johnnie Walker Black, Green, Gold or Blue (tried Red once, and vowed "never again!"  :P), because I'd never tried a single malt that I liked. But then I realized I'd just never tried a good single malt. I'm liking Balvenie a lot. In fact, I've been having pretty good luck with the last several brands, as long as I stick to 10-year-olds or older.

As far as the Canadian whiskys and American whiskeys (with an "e"), I still enjoy a glass of Crown Royal or Gentleman Jack. Although in a pinch, I'll drink JD, Jim Beam or Maker's Mark.

And then of course there's always rum...  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version