English > Talk

Whisky

<< < (2/2)

nostra:
Balvenie Doublewood is actually one of my favorites. Blends such as Johnnie Walker do not have the complexity of good single malts in most cases and they are just too mainstream for my taste. The same with American bourbon whiskeys.

If you like Balvenie you would probably also enjoy Dalwhinnie, Clynelish, Jura, Glenkinchie etc. (the last two have more honey notes though and Clynelish has a kind waxy taste ;)

Data1001:
Recently tried Dalwhinnie 15-year-old single malt, and while it's definitely not a bad drink, I found it too typically "Scotch-y" tasting for my palate. I keep going back to Balvenie Doublewood, but maybe because I spent so many years drinking mainstream-tasting whiskeys like Crown Royal and Gentleman Jack.  8)

I will definitely check out the latter 3 you mentioned at some point, though. One never knows when one will discover a favorite new beverage!

nostra:
Actually, I have changed my preferences to more peat intensive malts such as Talisker and Caol Ila. Peat really widens the palate and makes it more interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version