Author Topic: First Impressions of PVD  (Read 6253 times)

DobraGolonka

First Impressions of PVD
« on: August 26, 2010, 06:15:23 am »
Hi all

As an avid collector of TV episodes (over 15,000 at the last count), I have finally decided to take the plunge and transfer all my data from Movie Collector into PVD, and after two days it has become apparent that I have been using the wrong program for years! PVD is awesome!

It is the only program I have found which has full support for TV episodes and most importantly, the ability to associate individual volume labels with individual episodes, something severely lacking in the bloated 'Big Brothers' on the market.

I'm still getting to grips with PVD's many features (some of them are definitely not newbie friendly), so you can probably expect a few queries in the forums.  ;)

Downloading data from IMDB (or the multitude of other data-sources) is slick: other programs seem to cause my CPU to melt - they are so CPU intensive.

And joy! The ability to read video/audio data from the files on DVD and associate the files with episodes!

As the old BBC Radio Times advert used to go: 'I never knew there was so much in it!'

Keep up the good work!

Regards

DG

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions of PVD
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 06:54:07 am »
I'm still getting to grips with PVD's many features (some of them are definitely not newbie friendly), so you can probably expect a few queries in the forums.

Welcome, Dobra.

Yes, power and flexibility often make user-friendliness difficult. But I'm confident you'll eventually realize a true friend is one who helps you do whatever it is you need to do. Meanwhile, take your time—and ask lots of questions!

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 12:05:15 pm »
Its great you are making such a good experience of PVD. Feel free to tell other Movie Collector users about it :)
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline korbenPL

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 12:33:16 pm »
Yes, the software is really good.

//how did you come up with such a nick mate? brzmi znajomo ;)//

anything