Author Topic: Favourite Website / Tools ? (Movie / TV related)  (Read 37515 times)

Offline CAD

• Older Power User
  • I've got my eye on you!
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Website / Tools ? (Movie / TV related)
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 12:10:02 pm »
Looks like full version supports  removing files etc from list:
From their home page:

Free version
    *  Copy files faster. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
    * Pause and resume file transfers. Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
    * Error recovery. In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skips the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
    * Interactive file list. TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
    * Shell integration. TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.
    * Full Unicode support.
    * Windows 7 x64 support.

TeraCopy Pro

* Copy/move to favorite folders.
   * Select files with the same extension/same folder.
    * Remove selected files from the copy queue.

* Get free updates and priority support.
    * More features coming soon!

unstoppable copier from http://www.roadkil.net/index.php is quite good as well.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:15:03 pm by CAD »
three fingered salutation

Offline Hyomil

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 11:01:32 am »
I like the IMDb Movie Collection Manager - by Futuros http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/36797 Greasemonkey script.  It does auto-highlighting of IMDB pages (or any page w/ IMDB links) of movies you've either rated or added to MyMovies lists.  This is better than just adding movies to a list like next-flick.net.  Next to every IMDB movie will be printed your rating of it, the list you've moved it to, and a drop-down arrow to either remove it from that list or move it to another one.  So its like you can write notes next to each movie on the page.  I have an "Awaiting Viewing" list that I take movies out of once I've rated them, a "Not Interested" list for movies I've watched the trailers for and want to remember to avoid, and a "Blu-ray release upcoming" list to keep me from watching a DVD when I know there will be a blu-ray version.  Its easy to go through actor's and director's pages and see the status or research you've done on a film at a glance.  And when you do keyword/MoKA searches, you only need to examine the ones that don't have highlighting marks of some type on them.

Likeminds http://www.likeminds.com looks promising due to its ability to automatically transfer your ratings between different sites like IMDB, Netflix, Flixster, and Rotten Tomatoes, but its still prone to errors as too often it can't match up movies between the sites.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 11:17:00 am by Hyomil »

mgpw4me@yahoo.com

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 05:56:57 am »
Just found a new downloading toy.  It was love at first sight.

http://rdesc.en.malavida.com/

buah

Offline Hyomil

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 07:31:21 pm »
Just found a new downloading toy.  It was love at first sight.

http://rdesc.en.malavida.com/

I prefer JDownloader, as it supports more hosts, but I'm starting to use RDesc as a backup for when JDownloader's plugins go out of date, as RDesc seems to be updated pretty often.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9279/

Just tried it; I like that you can look at other things on the page while its loading.  There's also the TweakMDb addon, which adds Rotten Tomatoes ratings to IMDb pages (and its accurate since Rotten Tomatoes supports searching by IMDb ID) among other things, like enlarging actor photos on hovering, displaying all the movies different actors did together, showing actors' ages and the age they were when they made each film (which would be a good feature for PVD  8)), and displaying ratings on actor pages and in search results.

mgpw4me@yahoo.com

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 05:17:09 am »
I'm a Jdownloader user as well, but with Firefox -> view selection source, I can copy a section of links to the clipboard...Rdesc automatically parses the clipboard and pops up the links, saving a couple of mouse clicks (Jdownloader requires you to manually add the links).  It a minor quibble, but it's the reason that I always try to use Rdesc first for common sites (rapidshare, hotfile, megaupload).  For other sites, I go straight to Jdownloader where I'm more sure of support for the site.

Offline Hyomil

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 08:46:08 am »
I'm a Jdownloader user as well, but with Firefox -> view selection source, I can copy a section of links to the clipboard...Rdesc automatically parses the clipboard and pops up the links, saving a couple of mouse clicks (Jdownloader requires you to manually add the links).  It a minor quibble, but it's the reason that I always try to use Rdesc first for common sites (rapidshare, hotfile, megaupload).  For other sites, I go straight to Jdownloader where I'm more sure of support for the site.

JDownloader monitors the clipboard as well.  I use it that way normally to copy big batches of links and they show up in JDownloader's Linkgrabber immediately.  Make sure you've got the button for clipboard monitoring selected on the toolbar (It looks like a clipboard.)  The only problem I've ever had with it is that is an occasional file will fail a CRC check, but one of the suggestions on the forum was to set maximum connections to 1 (in the bottom bar), which I've done, and it hasn't happened since.  

Another thing I particularly like about it is that when there are mirrors of the same file (i.e. the same file on rapidshare, hotfile, and megaupload), you just copy all of them to the clipboard and it automatically recognizes this and will download part1 from rapidshare, part2 from megaupload, and part3 from hotfile simultaneously.  Haven't tested this yet with RDesc.  Some hosts are better than others, unless you have paid accounts with them.  Megaupload is fast and allows a lot of downloading before making you take a break.  Hotfile and others have unbreakable (so far) captchas, so you have to type them in manually whenever their turn comes in the download list.

It also automatically extracts RAR files, even password protected ones if you enter the password when you set a container to downloading, and even extracts RAR files within RAR files, if there are any.

For the case where there's links instead of plain text and the anchor text is not the URL, faster than going to the page source is to use the Firefox addon Multi Links to copy the URLs to the clipboard by dragging a selection rectangle around them on the page itself.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 08:53:22 am by Hyomil »

mgpw4me@yahoo.com

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 11:05:59 pm »
Nice links.  I'm now convinced to Jdownload first.

Rdesc does have some glitches that Jd doesn't.  File sorting and re-arranging is flakey...I've even had Rdesc get a division by zero error followed by the program closing.  Jd is definitely more stable.

Rdesc does handle multiple sources, but I'm not sure about assembling the parts.  It probably will, but it doesn't assemble "split" files.

Offline Hyomil

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 09:08:47 am »
Here's a Firefox addon I've been using for some time now for saving posters: Image Toolbar.  It creates an image toolbar like that of Internet Explorer and PVD, where one of the buttons can be set to do instant saving (to a directory you can set in the options), bypassing the Save dialog box.  I suggest also setting it to use big icons and setting the Open Delay to 0 ms (although something like 500ms is needed if you use "Relative to cursor" mode), options I'd like to see in PVD's image toolbar.  

It also has a "Relative to cursor" mode where the toolbar appears right under the cursor and follows it around, but it blocks left-clicking since you can't offset the cursor from the toolbar.  Someone modified the code here to fix that.  You can go through that process or just use the attached version where I did it myself.  (Just change .zip to .xpi and drag the file onto a Firefox window.)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:56:55 pm by Hyomil »