Author Topic: Automatic screenshot  (Read 5715 times)

Offline Mikael P.

• View Profile
Automatic screenshot
« on: February 03, 2010, 03:28:49 pm »
Hi board,
I just started using this great piece of software. Now I am trying to figure out how to create automatic screenshots from .avi files.
It was first after creating my database that I realised I needed to turn the automatic screenshot generation on _before_ creating the database.

It says, Take screenshots automatically on video file assignment. So I was wondering if I can force it to reassign video files to each film?
Or is there some other clever way of automating it after creating a database?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic screenshot
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 07:12:43 pm »
Welcome, Mikael.

Yes you can. The Automatically Create Screenshots command is not available in the menu—this is fixed in the next release. It is, however, available to be added to the toolbar in Preferences - Appearance - Toolbar.

Offline Mikael P.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 07:38:48 pm »
aha. So I misunderstood this where I read it elsewhere.
I thought it was the same thing as the Take screenshot when adding the video file.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Offline junk_struc

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 09:39:19 pm »

Hi,

I started to use this to miss shows where I didn't have the automatic screenshot activated.  Very helpful.

Couple of qns...

1. The screenshot maker makes 6 images and one additional gets used.  Is there an easy way to select one of the 6 images and use it on the main page.  When I right click on the images, none seems to do it easily?

2. In the filters, I can get a list of all that are missing screenshots.  However, these are then grouped by TV show and I have to click on the little + symbol to expand, select all, and then automatic screenshot and then all i have is one season of one show.  is there a way for me to get a simple list of all entries, with files, that I can do a single get automatic screenshot.

Thanks
Craig

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 10:41:18 pm »
1. No. It would be nice if each screenshot had a "Use as poster" button. Or if we had a more general solution—the ability to cut/paste images from anywhere/to any image place holder.

2. No. But in fairness to the program design, if the episodes in question didn't already have file paths set, then screen shots would be added when the files were added by the file scanner. So this is an issue only in the situation where the user decided not to add screenshots in the first place.