Author Topic: Crash...  (Read 6846 times)

Offline akispavlopoulos

• View Profile
Crash...
« on: February 05, 2010, 08:41:59 pm »
Hi again!

Now I have another problem! I have a list with 900+ video files and when I try to open the preferences tab, I get a crach. If I choose to continue with the application then the list of movies is turned black.

I attach the bug report file.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Crash...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 09:27:39 pm »
It's "List index out of bounds" error. That seems to go with the list problem, but it seems odd that would be triggered by opening preferences. Can you provide any more information that might help nostra?... Does it consistently crash in the same circumstances? Does it happen if the movie list is filtered? (Bookmark one movie, then filter on bookmarks so it is the only one shown.) Does it happen with a different database loaded? (It's good idea to have a small test database consisting of a few records of different types—to use for such testing.)

Offline akispavlopoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 01:47:11 am »
I'll try to reproduce the problem and tell you all the details!

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 02:44:59 am »
It seems to be a problem with your configuration file. You could try deleting pvdconf.ini in "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Personal Video Database\" to solve the problem.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline akispavlopoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 02:43:50 pm »
Ok. here is how to reproduce the problem. On fresh install (I have unistalled the program including the configuration file), I open my database (about 940 titles). Then I go to Tools --> Preferences and I open the files scanner tab. I DELETE THE LAST LINE in find and replace window (the . and _ because I don't want to change the names of my videos in the database). I press OK and this is it. I hope this helps...

nostra I'll try to do what you say and I'll tell you!

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 09:46:36 pm »
I DELETE THE LAST LINE in find and replace window

Now that's interesting. I wonder if it's related to what we found here. Maybe there's a more general bug affecting the program's ability to properly recognize the last item in those lists. But they're all recorded in the configuration file, so rebuilding that is the next logical step.

(the . and _ because I don't want to change the names of my videos in the database

What do you mean by "name?" This is for replacing characters in the title, not the file name.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 01:20:12 am »
In fact it was enough for me to analyze your bug report, so the problem is perfectly clear for me and it will be fixed very soon. This bug is not related to the stated this post: http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=1697.msg7784#msg7784
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline akispavlopoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 11:16:00 pm »
"""(the . and _ because I don't want to change the names of my videos in the database

What do you mean by "name?" This is for replacing characters in the title, not the file name."""

Yes rick.ca, you are right! I meant the characters in title not file name.

nostra, I very glad that you you found the problem. Waiting for the next release!