Author Topic: Three minor suggestions  (Read 4631 times)

buah

Three minor suggestions
« on: February 21, 2010, 12:37:03 pm »
Via KVM switch, I have connected my desktop and laptop to my 46" full HD TV. It's quite an experience to have PVD in 1920x1080 on a such big screen.

What would make it perfect is to have:

1. "Large Toolbar Icons" as an option somewhere in "Appearance - Toolbar" for instance.
2. "x" (Remove Image) button in View mode for images as an option somewhere in "Miscellaneous" for instance (like it is option for tabs in Firefox - ref. "Tab Mix Plus" add-on).
3. "Next-Previous" function in "Full Picture View" mode, either through buttons, or with left-right mouse click (for those who have more than one image in an image place holder and want to browse through all posters, covers and screenshots of a previewed movie or people entry without switching prior to their place holders).

A tip how to get "x" button in View mode:

Click on a first entry, leave mouse on it, press CTRL+E. Now, point mouse to an image place holder toolbar and leave mouse there, "x" shows up. Press down/up keyboard arrow without moving mouse. You are switched to a "View Mode" for next/previous entry and "x" button (icon?) is still there! You can use it, and you can use left/right click to switch to next image in order to remove it. "x" will be shown in View mode in such a way until the pointer focus is on image place holder. After been switched for the first time in View mode, you can use keyboard to jump to any entry (PgUp/PgDown, letters, etc...) and the "x" button will still remain there if you don't move mouse outside of image place holder area.
You can use only "Set as default image" button beside "x" in such a way, because any other steals the pointer focus.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 12:56:12 pm by buah »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Three minor suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 02:57:11 am »
1. "Large Toolbar Icons" as an option somewhere in "Appearance - Toolbar" for instance.

You can switch the file \Skins\Images\toolbar.bmp with your own containing bigger images for buttons and the toolbar will resize itself, so that your images fit.

2. "x" (Remove Image) button in View mode for images as an option somewhere in "Miscellaneous" for instance (like it is option for tabs in Firefox - ref. "Tab Mix Plus" add-on).
3. "Next-Previous" function in "Full Picture View" mode, either through buttons, or with left-right mouse click (for those who have more than one image in an image place holder and want to browse through all posters, covers and screenshots of a previewed movie or people entry without switching prior to their place holders).

I'll consider implementing these in future
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

buah

Re: Three minor suggestions
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 03:30:23 am »
Thank you nostra, both for the tip and for considering other two suggestions.

anything