Author Topic: Some errors adding movies  (Read 6354 times)

Offline Obelix

• User
    • View Profile
Some errors adding movies
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:14:40 am »
Hi!

I have some trouble adding new movies to my PVD.
The standard plugin for movie description is OFDB [DE] (for Germany). The details for this plugin is ofdb.com (that page doesn't seem to exist). Fetching movie details result in english descriptions instead of german.
Switching to Zelluloid [DE] results in missing movie description. The title, year, etc. is collected. No description, no comment.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Obelix

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Some errors adding movies
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 12:45:17 pm »
Check your field overwrite settings for these plugins/scripts (Tools -> Preferences -> Plugins)
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline Obelix

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 02:17:53 pm »
hmmm. ok, I had a look at it. all checked for both plugins. but that does not explain, why I get english descriptions from OFDB when set as standard. when doing a manual import with OFDB I get german texts.

I tried to import some movies from my HDD and had to delete the result. setting zelluloid as standard and doing a manual import with OFDM worked fine (as far as movie data was found)

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 06:24:10 pm »
This sound very strange. Could you please describe the exact step by step procedure to reproduce the problem.

Offline Obelix

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 08:20:06 pm »
It's little strange. The described behavior happens only when searching the HDD and automatically collect the infos from web. When manually adding a movie I do get an entry in the left list for each poster I select, but no description. To get the description I have to do "Import -> [DE] Filmdaten....". Mostly then I get descriptions. After that I can remove one of the two entries.

I will try to find out more - but currently busy with the PocketPC client. I have to include some filters (as far as I have the information in the XML export), save some settings and manage the skinning. After that (may be tomorrow or so) the first version will be released. ;)

regards
Obelix

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 01:41:16 am »
It's little strange. The described behavior happens only when searching the HDD and automatically collect the infos from web. When manually adding a movie I do get an entry in the left list for each poster I select, but no description. To get the description I have to do "Import -> [DE] Filmdaten....". Mostly then I get descriptions. After that I can remove one of the two entries.

Can you provide your pvdconf.ini file? (is normally located in "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Personal Video Database\")

I will try to find out more - but currently busy with the PocketPC client. I have to include some filters (as far as I have the information in the XML export), save some settings and manage the skinning. After that (may be tomorrow or so) the first version will be released. Wink

Sounds great :)