Author Topic: Suggestion for File Target button and equip search options button with sides  (Read 6233 times)

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
Hi,

I would like to put in a request for you to add a Find Target button to the Toolbar button section. Whereby when selected Windows Explorer will open taking you directly to the first movie if more than one is under the title.

I would also like it if sides could be applied to the Search Options button for it doesn't really stand out as a button until you hover over it.

One more thing, is there anyway to remove the web search from the toolbar.  It appears in the toolbar options as an option to only apply but it is already visible on the toolbar and yet not located on the right side of the toolbar options for you to deselect it. Just mentioning this because of all these extra buttons people are asking for like Previous and Next buttons, something on the toolbar will most probably have to go.

Thank you Nostra for this great product.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:09:34 am by leogets »

Offline patch

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
I would like to put in a request for you to add a Find Target button to the Toolbar button section. Whereby when selected Windows Explorer will open taking you directly to the first movie if more than one is under the title.

You do realize you can Right click on a movie and select "Open containing folder"
Am I correct in interpreting you would like a Button version of this?

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
Had no idea that was possible.  Thank you.  and to my surprise there is already an Open Containing Folder button that I can apply to to the toolbar.
So that takes care of my first part of my suggestion.

Thanks again.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:42:55 am by leogets »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
I would also like it if sides could be applied to the Search Options button for it doesn't really stand out as a button until you hover over it.

That behaviour is common, and is likely determined by whatever tools are being used to develop the program.

One more thing, is there anyway to remove the web search from the toolbar.  It appears in the toolbar options as an option to only apply but it is already visible on the toolbar and yet not located on the right side of the toolbar options for you to deselect it.

No, and there's no need. The whole search bar can be moved to a separate row if there's not enough room for it. I can't imagine why anyone would want an extra Web search button on their toolbar, but the fact the option exists has nothing to do with the existence of Web search itself (on the search bar).

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
No, I didn't want another one, but as you say the one that is already there is all part of the search bar and not applied as a seperate entity and therefore cannot be removed.

And I cann't see any reason why anyone would what another web search bar either, so wouldn't it make more sense to tie the web search already located in the toolbar bottons that could be applied.  This way you could either have it there or removed or if you would like to do a web search just hit the keys Ctrl+W and enter the criteria you would like to search for then hit enter.