Author Topic: Errors again after using pvdimport  (Read 4895 times)

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Errors again after using pvdimport
« on: March 03, 2010, 02:05:05 pm »

Hi all,

You might remember my previous problems with firebird files embedded (see my other posts).

After reading Rick's comments I decided to test pvdimport with j river media center again. It is now working quite well even though I need to perfect the process, fields, etc.
 The problem is that once I have open MC and ran Pvdimport, I cannot open my pvd database anymore, I get the runtime library error again. :'(
 This is with the latest firebird services installed and running again, by the way.

The solution is again to copy firebird's embedded files in pvd's directory...

I thought this behavior might help you (especially Nostra) understand what is going on with my pvd library file.
 I would love a fix.

While waiting for a fix, I am trying out Buah's suggestion of exporting/importing my database but it proves rather complex.
 Please see my other post on the subject.

Deazo.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Errors again after using pvdimport
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 08:39:39 pm »
Are you saying you cannot connect to your database using Firebird Server? You should be doing that instead of opening it with the embedded version—regardless of whether you're actively using MC. If you have Firebird Server running as a service, you shouldn't need the embedded version.

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:09:44 pm »

Yes I mean I cannot connect to it.
 Or at least this is what I think.
 I basically open pvd.exe and as usual pvd connects to the last file it connected to, my pvd database. That's what it does everytime I open it.
  What fixed this was the re-pasting of firebrd emedded files into pvd directory.
 Is that clear enough or sounds too strange?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 10:27:51 pm »
PVD has difficulty connecting (via server) to database that is already opened (via embedded). Temporarily open a different database, creating a new one if necessary. That will "release" your database so you can connect to it. If that works, just leave it that way and forget about the embedded version.

anything