Author Topic: Can't install v18  (Read 7152 times)

Offline junk_struc

• User
    • View Profile
Can't install v18
« on: February 28, 2010, 07:12:05 am »
Hi,
I tried running the v18 installer but it throws message that it has detected a version of pvd currently running.  but there is nothing running, nothing shows in task manager.  also tried stopping firebird service with no luck.

any suggestions?

thanks

craig

[edit: w7 32bit, currently v17, also using pvdimport with mc and thus have firebird server (whichever is latest version??)]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:12:39 am by junk_struc »

Offline junk_struc

• User
    • View Profile
Re: Can't install v18
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 10:56:57 am »
Whatever it was it has fixed itself up and I have v18 running.

Anyone else having trouble with the Automatically Create Screenshot maker?  Mine now starts when I select it from the menu but it never finishes.  I did try the manual screenshot maker, and it seems to be functioning.  The automatically create screenshot was working with v17. (I have not added any new series to see if the automated option upon adding a new series works yet)

thanks
craig
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:15:48 am by junk_struc »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 11:40:00 am »
Both the DirectShow and ffmpeg versions work fine for me. Do you get the same results regardless of preference settings?

Offline junk_struc

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 12:09:36 pm »
using Movies ->Automatically create screenshots with directshow as preference setting: no images are returned.
using Movies ->Automatically create screenshots with ffdsho as preference setting: program does nothing with information bar at the bottom reading "Screeenshot maker .... Creating screenshots for xyz... Cancel (on the far right).  Clicking cancel causes no response, program appears largely dead.

Manual screenshot maker does work for both preference settings.

Thanks

Craig

PS Can you change teh thread title to "Stupid computer won't let me install a very useful program for no apparent reason but has changed its mind" :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:13:20 pm by junk_struc »

buah

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 05:47:36 pm »
Did you check with your task manager how many instances of ffmpeg.exe were running while the situation occurred?

Offline junk_struc

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 09:54:14 am »

Buah you were right on the money.  There were a lot of instances of ffmeg running (guess leftovers from a crash?).  killed all of these processes and it is going again.  thanks very much.

craig

buah

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 01:30:45 pm »

Buah you were right on the money.  There were a lot of instances of ffmeg running (guess leftovers from a crash?).  killed all of these processes and it is going again.  thanks very much.

craig

You're welcome. As far as i know it has nothing with PVD, it is ffmpeg issue.