Author Topic: 0.9.9.18 small issues  (Read 5576 times)

Offline Overlord

• View Profile
0.9.9.18 small issues
« on: March 02, 2010, 02:46:02 pm »
Hi guys,

since I installed the newest versions (0.9.9.18 + imdb 0.9.2.6) I noticed a pair of small glitches, viewable in the attached screen:

1 - IMDb plugin no longer dowloads the image, but only for some movies (50% more or less, try MirrorMask as in the screen for ex.). I know they've been messin' up some things in the site, they never stop eh?  :P  ('course "download image" option is checked)

2 - The search bar has grown a bit too much or am I mental? =D (you can see, it kills the buttons nearby)

End of annoyances part, now go with the request-to-nostra-claus part:  :)

3 - The new auto update is very cool, but it advices you also about plugins that you don't have/use anymore, could be possible to search only the installed ones? Otherwise the update screen is way too messy (imo).

4 - By the way, this morning it haven't found the new IMDb plugin by itself, I had to shoot the update search manually... how does it work? or is a bug?

5 - Last, I swear! ;D  It would be a dream to have a shortcut to empty the search bar (I'd assign it to esc for ex.), backspacing repeatedly is obnoxious =d. Unless it exists already and I haven't noticed, in that case you can slap me in the face or anything you want!

Thanks a lot and merry xmas in advance  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: 0.9.9.18 small issues
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 09:30:32 pm »
1. Don't know what this is about. When I tried MirrorMask, the last line of my log indicated "Redirected to [correct URL for the poster image]," but nothing was downloaded. Bear in mind the IMDb posters, not being of very good quality, are only intended to to help with identification until a better poster is downloaded from elsewhere. Still, it would be nice if it worked consistently.

2. You're not mental—it doesn't leave enough space for the toolbar. In People View, I have to resize it every time in order to restore the full toolbar.

5. I assume you mean a keyboard shortcut, and you're aware clicking the search button clears the search. I'd hate to have to slap you. ;)

Offline Overlord

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 01:04:10 pm »
Hey Rick thanks for the answers.

1 - I know, low quality, but for me it's enough... I don't care to show the poster fullscreen I mean, and I like to have only one search that accomplishes every task (less headaches ;D).

2 - Phew, was gonna call the psychiatrist :D

5 - Yeah I knew that, but that's not very comfortable... it involves mouse + keyboard, instead pressing esc or something when you write (or also when the focus is somewhere else) would be lightspeed. Hope Nostra will someday put this command in the shortcut list. Ok, I think I'm gonna call the psychiatrist anyway  ::)

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 02:09:45 am »
1 - IMDb plugin no longer dowloads the image, but only for some movies (50% more or less, try MirrorMask as in the screen for ex.). I know they've been messin' up some things in the site, they never stop eh?  Tongue  ('course "download image" option is checked)

It's due to recent changes on the web site. I will provide a fix asap.

2 - The search bar has grown a bit too much or am I mental? =D (you can see, it kills the buttons nearby)

It seems like I need to make some significant changes to the toolbar's behavior. I'll try make the toolbar better in 1.0

3 - The new auto update is very cool, but it advices you also about plugins that you don't have/use anymore, could be possible to search only the installed ones? Otherwise the update screen is way too messy (imo).

If the update starts automatically it only searches for the plugins/scripts you use. It shows all of them if you start it manually. I will probably provide an option later, so users are able to effect this behavior.

4 - By the way, this morning it haven't found the new IMDb plugin by itself, I had to shoot the update search manually... how does it work? or is a bug?

PVD does the search automatically every 3 days...

5 - Last, I swear! Grin  It would be a dream to have a shortcut to empty the search bar (I'd assign it to esc for ex.), backspacing repeatedly is obnoxious =d. Unless it exists already and I haven't noticed, in that case you can slap me in the face or anything you want!

OK
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline Overlord

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 10:21:22 am »
I always say you're the man ;)

anything