Author Topic: IMDB Rating  (Read 5689 times)

Offline maid

• User
    • View Profile
IMDB Rating
« on: March 03, 2010, 11:07:12 am »
Some of my files do not have the IMDB rating.

How do I just scan for the rating.

Thanks

Offline patch

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Re: IMDB Rating
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 11:22:06 am »
Some of my files do not have the IMDB rating.

How do I just scan for the rating.

Select the unrated films, you can use a search for this.
Ensure IMDB plugin is set to over write rating. You can set other fields to not write if you want or as is appropriate.
Select imdb from import menu to run on selected movies.

Note it will download all the information then write what you have set (because that is how the plugin is written).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 10:27:53 am by patch »

Offline maid

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 03:42:59 am »
Hi
Can you be a bit more specific.

I have looked in tools preferences en IMDB but dee no reference to the IMDB ratings.

Cheers

Offline patch

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 10:33:17 am »
I have looked in tools preferences en IMDB but dee no reference to the IMDB ratings.

My understanding is it is:
Tools -> preferences -> Plugins -> IMDB [EN] Movie Information -> Additional Rating

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 12:14:28 pm »

There are no preference settings affecting IMDb Rating. It can change over time as more users vote, so it's updated every time the plugin is run. There is no way to download just one field. The plugin always downloads the entire web page, then updates fields according to the overwrite and other configuration settings.

So, you'll need to look a little further for an answer. If no rating appears after running the plugin, check the website to see if there actually is a rating. New and/or obscure entries do not show ratings until a minimum number of votes have been recorded. If there is a rating, but the plugin will not update it, give us the URL so we can investigate. Finally, it's possible the plugin was not working for a time (because of changes to the format of the website), but works now. If that's the case, use Search to find movies with IMDb Rating = 0, select all of them, and run the plugin to update them.