Author Topic: ERROR IMPORTING -204  (Read 5328 times)

Offline looneytv

• View Profile
ERROR IMPORTING -204
« on: March 08, 2010, 03:31:31 am »
I installed the latest version and when I try to import a movie I get this error:

Dynamic SQL Error SQL error code =-204 Procedure unknown GET_GENRES At Line 1, coulmn 32 Undefined name Error Code:249

I'm using Vista.

What shold I do to make it work. Thanks in advance.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: ERROR IMPORTING -204
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 04:19:39 am »
I have no idea, but here's a stab in the dark... Check Preferences - Lists - Genre for anything unusual. Add a new genre and check that it saves properly. Restart the program, and then try updating again. If the error happens again and there's a madExcept error report, send the report.

Offline looneytv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 04:46:11 am »
Thanks. It didn't work. I'll tell you the whole story in case it can be helpful...

A few days ago I installed the new version and I've been using it without a problem. Today my database crashed. I replaced it with my latest backup from yesterday and it didn't work. So I decided to uninstall the programe and install it again, latest version. I haven't imported any database so far, it's just as empty as it comes. But 1st thing I find out is this error when I try to import a movie from IMDB.

Let me know if I can help you with further info. I apreciate your support.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 06:12:45 am »
Let me know if I can help you with further info.

I still don't have a clue, but your story makes it easy to take more stabs in the dark... ;)

A few days ago I installed the new version...

What version were you using before this?

...and I've been using it without a problem.

Including importing movies from IMDb?

Today my database crashed.

Depending on what you mean by "crash," I suppose this might be the sort of event that could corrupt a database...

I replaced it with my latest backup from yesterday and it didn't work.

...but then this should have fixed it. How, exactly, did it not work?

But 1st thing I find out is this error when I try to import a movie from IMDB.

Just to be clear, the same error happens when you attempt to import to an empty database?

Try starting the program with portable.bat (in the installation directory) to see if your configuration file has anything to do with the problem.

Were you able to send any error reports?

Offline looneytv

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 06:47:46 am »
Thanks. I got rid of the problem. Something got wrong when I was trying to restore the database and I had to restart because it was all frozen. So when I relunch the program it was buggy. I reinstalled everything all over again and it's OK. Now I'm having trouble to restore my old database, but I would rather talk a bout this other issue on a different post.

anything