Author Topic: DVDEmpire Script?  (Read 5540 times)

Offline progrocktv

• View Profile
DVDEmpire Script?
« on: March 12, 2010, 04:23:36 pm »
I know there's an AdultDVDEmpire script, but has anyone made a script for the main DVD Empire? (or is there a way to modify the Adult script?)

Thanks!

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: DVDEmpire Script?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 06:01:02 pm »
Welcome, progrocktv.

The two sites look somewhat different, so I doubt modifying the Adult DVD Empire script would be a trivial exercise. It still may be a good starting point, however.

What, exactly, is your interest in the site? There doesn't seem to be anything special about the movie information or images. Is it the selling or product information for specific editions? If your interest is in supplementary information (e.g., "Is this for sale at DVD Empire?"), it might be better served by a Web search.

Offline progrocktv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 06:27:54 pm »
Hi Rick,
I'm mainly after the BACK cover graphic (I'm a bit of a completest when it comes to having as much info as possible about a disc. :) I've been using DVD Empire search with Movie Collector (but am looking for other alternatives since they are no longer supporting it). I also like to print up covers for my backup copies and "standard" DVD covers for sets that are in unusual sized cases (I know there isn't a print function yet with PVD, but hoping for a future version)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 07:08:18 pm »
PVD is "movie-centric" rather than "DVD-centric" like many competitors. This means it doesn't provide the same direct association with a specific DVD edition—and therefore specific covers. Cover plugins have been discontinued because the source site has to be used to find the desired covers anyway, making Web search simpler and more effective than a plugin. Another issue you're going to run into is that at sites that have a wide selection of quality covers (e.g., cdcovers.cc), "cover" means the entire cover (i.e., unfolded, back-side-front; and the sides are front/inside, not front/back). This is why PVD provides one field for the cover, and another for the disk label.