Author Topic: batch file TYPE  (Read 5734 times)

Offline mannyx

• View Profile
batch file TYPE
« on: March 16, 2010, 03:11:53 pm »
i was developing my own batch file.... and I made it! incredible...  ;D

the only question is... the field "type" affect only in which category of plugin my batch file is inserted, isn't it? 'cause i combined different types of .dll files (info, posters...) and it worked!

EDIT: too much enthusiasm... the batch file works, it upgrades my movie info and poster correctly at once (from imdb and filmup) but, don't know why, it also creates a duplicate record of the same movie with the info from imdb only... why?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 03:20:48 pm by mannyx »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: batch file TYPE
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 04:40:12 pm »
the only question is... the field "type" affect only in which category of plugin my batch file is inserted, isn't it? 'cause i combined different types of .dll files (info, posters...) and it worked!

Probably, but those are probably the only two types you can combine.

it also creates a duplicate record of the same movie with the info from imdb only... why?

Without more information, I can't even guess. Whatever the reason, the use of a batch file should have nothing to do with it—all it's doing is running plugins in sequence. Please test them manually, and determine what happens in different circumstances. What happens when it's a new movie vs. updating an existing record? What happens when the IMDb plugin is run first vs. second? Does it happen in every case, or just certain titles? Are you using original titles or translated titles?

Offline mannyx

• View Profile
Re: batch file TYPE
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 07:57:06 pm »
ok... I'll try experimenting a bit... thx!  :)