Author Topic: Modify the people skin.  (Read 6904 times)

Offline ouafouaf

• View Profile
Modify the people skin.
« on: March 30, 2010, 10:55:43 am »
Hello. Is it possible to change some things in the "filmography" par of the people's skin ?
I would like, for one, to have the Original Title appearing on the left, and "title" (= translated title) appearing on the right. The default configuration is the opposite of that.
There's nothing to be changed in the skin's xml, nor in the software options. Or maybe I didnt look in the right place ?

TIA !

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Modify the people skin.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 01:40:26 pm »
You can't change the order of the columns in filmography tree, but I can add this feature request to my TODO list for future versions.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 08:43:26 pm »
I can add this feature request to my TODO list for future versions.

If you're going to do that, please include the option to exclude the Original title column. For movies not in the database, it's the same as Title and otherwise it's available in the tooltip. I'd much prefer a presentation with just Title.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 08:56:31 pm »
If you're going to do that, please include the option to exclude the Original title column. For movies not in the database, it's the same as Title  and otherwise it's available in the tooltip. I'd much prefer a presentation with just Title.

OK, but if, then all movies will only have a single title in this case and not only the invisible ones

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 09:04:18 pm »
Yes—I want the whole column GONE. ;)

Offline ouafouaf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 11:25:48 pm »
I add original titles in the "original title" field (that sounds right, doesnt it?), using original characters (chinese, korean, russian, whatever)
And I use french translated titles, if any, in the "title" field.
So of course I need both field, really. And when it's a french film, or a foreign film with no french title, then my "title" field stays empty. So I end up with nothing in the "title" column in filmographies, and it looks stupid ;p

Thanks nostra for adding that to your todo list.

Also, since I opened this thread, i've got another request:

I burn my films on dvd, whose labels (number) I enter in the "media label" field.
I made a fine html export template for my needs, but I want the film to be sorted using that "media label" field. It would be nice for me to have a list sorted by dvd number (media label), so I can easily know what's in each dvd without having to open pvd.
I've checked your thread for "creating templates" in the forum, but it seems that there is no option to sortby="value" with value being the "media label" field.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:27:29 pm by ouafouaf »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 11:35:17 pm »
Unfortunately there is no easy solution for your export problem as you really can't sort by fields with selection lists, multiple values or multiple lines of text.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 12:12:32 am »
And when it's a french film, or a foreign film with no french title, then my "title" field stays empty. So I end up with nothing in the "title" column in filmographies, and it looks stupid

What do you display in your list? I suppose this may vary with download sources, but normally the correct Original title would be downloaded and never need to be changed. Title is intended to be the whatever the user wants it to be—normally the local translation, but could also be the original or some other title if the movie is better known by that name. In other words, Title is the name by which the movie is known to you and should be specified for all movies. But if you choose not to use it that way, that's fine too. That's one reason I suggested an option to remove the Original title column from filmographies.

It would be nice for me to have a list sorted by dvd number (media label), so I can easily know what's in each dvd without having to open pvd.

Export to CSV and use Excel (or equivalent) to sort that and format a report.

Offline ouafouaf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 10:13:02 am »
yes rick, that's what i've down last time, and i'll do it again if it's the only solution ;)
thank you both for the help.

anything