Author Topic: Date fields can't be cleared  (Read 5429 times)

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
Date fields can't be cleared
« on: April 01, 2010, 02:23:36 pm »
Just a minor bug and not a big deal to solve I hope: if you once enter a date into the field "Release date", you can change it afterwards, but you can never delete/clear it anymore. Same with "Seen date".
(version 0.9.9.18, WinXP)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Date fields can't be cleared
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 07:50:40 pm »
Yes, for Release date, it appears to be a bug. Seen date is somewhat different, however. Clearing the seen flag removes the date. A refresh may be required before the date disappears.

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:06:48 am »
Yes and no. With "seen date" that makes sense, I really didn't think about it...

Just tried and it worked fine, the field could be cleared manually after clearing the seen flag (it did not clear automatically after removing the seen flag, though). I tried it a second time on the same movie and it didn't work anymore...   :( Restarted PVD and it still did not change (seen flag was cleared, but the seen date was still there and undeletable). Then suddenly it worked, then again it didn't... Seems somewhat unpredictable to me.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 02:30:18 am »
Seems somewhat unpredictable to me.

That's probably because of how the refresh works. You de-select the seen flag and the previously recorded date seen (in the separate field, not the one beside the flag) doesn't disappear. You refresh, and it still doesn't disappear. But when you refresh, note the item in the list is no longer selected—so the movie pane is not actually refreshed. Select the item in the list again to see the refreshed version—the date will be gone.

The refresh function needs to be improved. I don't think it's much of an issue here, but it's behaviour is very annoying in other situations. If one item in a long list has been selected and then a refresh occurs, it loses focus in the list. Although the same movie appears in the movie pane, it's no longer selected. That means no operation can be performed on it until it is re-selected. But the list has been refreshed, so that requires a lot of scrolling or a search to locate the movie again.

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 03:09:17 am »
I see. Yes, "seen date" seems to be ok, then. So the issue is only with "release date", just as you said.

anything