Author Topic: Open Containing Folder bug  (Read 4176 times)

dizzy

Open Containing Folder bug
« on: April 05, 2010, 09:43:18 am »
Hi,
 I have a 0.9.9.19 portable installation installed on external usb disk along with my movies, which are in Movies folder in the root of the disk (PVD is in PVD Folder on the root of the same disk). So I have put the folder '/Movies' in the filescanner in preferences, so my database gets updated when i put new movies. I don't use drive letter in filescanner, because it changes as I connect my disk to another computer. And I  think that this is the reason of my problem: when i click 'Open containing Folder' in any movie, Explorer opens with my Documents And Settings Folder on my C: drive, not the clicked movie folder. Is it a bug, or do I have to put the movie folder's name in some different way?
PS. movie file path displayed in PVD looks like '/Movies\Matrix\matrix.avi' and the play button works fine (movie starts playing)
thanks,
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:25:18 am by dizzy »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Open Containing Folder bug
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 12:40:20 pm »
'/Movies\Matrix\matrix.avi'

That's a strange path. In windows paths can not contain /???

Anyway the file path field is automatically filled with absolute paths and unfortunately the only way of making them work everywhere is to manually change em to relative paths.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

dizzy

Re: Open Containing Folder bug
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 02:30:58 pm »
Turning the slash (-> '\Movies') in File Scanner solved the problem. That's strange, because i thought it didn't work in previous version of PVD. But now I've got relative working paths :)
Thanks nostra