Author Topic: Export template: HTML List (English + German)  (Read 146649 times)

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Export template: HTML List (English + German)
« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2012, 01:54:57 pm »
...aren't likely to remember what the dots mean
If you hover the mouse pointer over the dots a label tells what it is.

...you might want to add a green dot for bookmarked items
Bookmarking and setting the filter "bookmarked" in PVD is the best and easiest way to export a custom selection of movies. But in that case I won't like to have dots in front of all entries... :(

But if you want to have an additional green dot for bookmarks just add the following code directly after %HEAD% <li> in "HTML Frames.ptm"
Code: [Select]
{#StringReplace '{#StringReplace '{%value=bookmark}' '0' ''}' '-1' '<span style="color:#66FF66;font-weight:bold;" title="bookmarked!">&bull;&nbsp;</span>'}
In PVD you my also add a custom item with type "checkbox". If you called it "DOTTY" you would add the following code to "HTML Frames.ptm" to get a dot for that...
{#StringReplace '{#StringReplace '{%value=DOTTY custom="true"}' '0' ''}' '-1' '<span style="color:#66FF66;font-weight:bold;" title="DOTTY!">&bull;&nbsp;</span>'}I'm quite sure you don't want to call it "DOTTY"...  :)
Call it as you like and replace the two occurances of DOTTY within the code snippet with the name you chose.

...maybe get user input for the bookmark caption
For export templates all interaction possible with the user is the "Save as" dialog. Or am I wrong?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2012, 09:14:25 pm »
If you hover the mouse pointer over the dots a label tells what it is.

I never noticed. The dots aren't really big enough for hover tips. It doesn't matter, but I wonder if it's possible to highlight the list item and add a hover tip to it.

Bookmarking and setting the filter "bookmarked" in PVD is the best and easiest way to export a custom selection of movies.

If by 'custom' you mean 'ad hoc'. Otherwise, using Filters and Search (or Advanced Search) is more effective. But I see your point. I can still use bookmarking to select those I want the 'dotty flag' on. ;)

I'm quite sure you don't want to call it "DOTTY"...

Actually, I was going to suggest this, then I figured using bookmarking would be more convenient. I already have a [Flag] field—for which the caption shall be 'flagged' and the explanation 'Flagged: [reason]'. That works better than 'dottied'. ;)

Thanks for the code. Now I just have to decide which to use, or both...

For export templates all interaction possible with the user is the "Save as" dialog. Or am I wrong?

I'm sure you're not. I was thinking of the interaction provided in the Print List page, and assuming something might be possible. But obviously it's too late once the page is generated.

Is is possible to set a variable in the header section of the template (easily changed by editing the template) that could then be used in empty.html?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2012, 03:41:44 am »
Update

I couldn't get the 'dotty method' to work. I have no idea why—it seems straightforward enough. But the 'bookmark method' is working fine for what I need to do.  :-\

Is is possible to set a variable in the header section of the template (easily changed by editing the template) that could then be used in empty.html?

I no longer believe this is necessary. This is probably of no interest to anyone, but I have to express my happiness at being able to use the tools I already have to get a job done. The rather busy screenshot is meant to convey that after I export a report, I select it in Directory Opus, click a button, and empty.html opens in my editor at the same time the report is opened in my browser. At this point, I change the report title and tag captions to whatever I want them to be, and add any necessary comments. 8)

Since these are being launched from a website by users unfamiliar with the report or anything about PVD, I think I'll always want to fine-tune this to provide whatever explanation is necessary.

I do, of course, have another question. Can a button or link be added to return to empty.html? I have a button in Firefox that goes back to the first page opened, but I doubt other do (or would think to use it). I know the following works in Firefox...

javascript:window.history.go(-(window.history.length%20-%201))
...but haven't a clue whether it does in all browsers, or how to add it if it does. If I'm going to use the page this way, I think my users are likely to want to go back to it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Export template: HTML Frames (English + German)
« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2012, 04:45:22 pm »
I couldn't get the 'dotty method' to work.
Hmmm, it should work. I use that myself. ??? (So if you or anyone else wants to customise the templates that way someday, I could try to assist.)

Update for HTML Frames:

- bugfix: with 25 or less exported entries it was impossible to reset filters

- added backlink to start page (where the legend for the colored dots can be found)

- optimised display behaviour of backlinks; and a bugfix, too... the backlink to the tag cloud vanished after reload
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 03:58:15 pm by svenne »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2012, 11:01:38 pm »
Hmmm, it should work. I use that myself. ??? (So if you or anyone else wants to customise the templates that way someday, I could try to assist.)

I know, I must have been doing something stupid and unable to see it. But the bookmark method works for now. I'll wait until I have a real problem because I can't use the flag method. That day may never come, because I can always set and use the flag as a basis for selection, then use bookmarks for tagging. ;)

It's for family and friends, but you may be interested in rix flix to see how I've made use of your templates. You'll see from the IMDb Top 100 report, I'm starting to get dangerous. 8)

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2012, 10:55:03 am »
Really not bad! Neat way to share a nice hobby...

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2012, 12:04:55 pm »
It's for family and friends, but you may be interested in rix flix to see how I've made use of your templates. You'll see from the IMDb Top 100 report, I'm starting to get dangerous.
Really not bad! Neat way to share a nice hobby...

Nice, interesting and also instructive.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2012, 08:38:09 pm »
Thanks, both. It won't get much use, and I added the Analytics page to prove it. But I wanted to see how sharing the data might be done. I was surprised at how easy it was to set up a free website. And using this template has to be easier than other methods being used.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2012, 05:08:48 am »
Thank you, Rick.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline arj0n

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2012, 04:01:05 pm »
Hi Svenne,

I installed Win8Pro and PVD and extracted the latest "HTML Frames + HTML List (English).zip" to C:\Program Files (x86)\Personal Video Database\Plugins\Templates\
When running the export it turns out in this browser message:
"Firefox can't find the file at /C:/Users/Arjon/My Personal Video Databases/Exp/_files/empty.html."

The export location is:  C:\Users\Arjon\My Personal Video Databases\Exp\
In that directory the file "PVDExport.html" has been created plus the directory "%fname%_files".

I guess there's the problem but I can't figure out for now why that directory is called "%fname%_files"...

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2012, 08:11:39 pm »
%fname% should be the filename you chose in the "Save as..."-dialog. With Win8Pro something seems to go wrong. The filename seems not to be handed over to the export script. In your case "%fname%" should have been replaced with "PVDExport". You could rename the directory "%fname%_files" to "PVDExport_files" by hand. Also, you would have to rename every occurrence of "%fname%_files" (or maybe "_files") in PVDExport.html and within every movie*.html in the (renamed) directory "PVDExport_files"...

Perhaps the behaviour changes if you export to another location (desktop, C:\, USB-Stick, ect.)?

Nonetheless, this seems to be a bug of Personal Video Database in combination with Windows 8.
Maybe nostra can do something...

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2012, 12:16:31 pm »
Can you reproduce the problem, svenne? Because I can't...
What PVD Version are you using? (I have tested it with my current 1.x build)
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2012, 12:32:01 pm »
No, I can't. I don't have Windows 8...
Maybe someone else out there could try and see if it is reproducible?
Don't know which PVD-Verion arj0n works with.

Offline arj0n

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2012, 01:22:21 pm »
Hi Nostra,

I stumbled upon this issue using PVD v0.9.9.21 while running Win8Pro.

Here's how:

-My database was created using Win7Pro & PVD v0.9.9.21,
-OS upgraded to Win8Pro,
-Installed PVD v0.9.9.21,
-Extracted Svenne's latest "HTML Frames + HTML List (English).zip" to C:\Program Files (x86)\Personal Video Database\Plugins\Templates\,
-Reopened my database,
-Exported to C:/Users/Arjon/My Personal Video Databases/Exp/<exportname>,
-The underlying directory is named "%fname%_files" instead of the proper exportname...

I can try if it does work using PVD v1.0.2.3 Beta.
Will let you know.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:24:06 pm by arj0n »

Offline arj0n

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2012, 11:34:57 am »
This is odd:

Today I tried both the stable and the beta and now for both the HTML Frames export did work.
Don't know why this error occurred a few days ago, but it doesn't seem to be a bug now anymore.

Sorry and thanx for your time.

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2013, 03:52:14 pm »
I had the same problem with a fresh installation of PVD 0.9.9.21 from the download page, now. Didn't get rid of it until I switched to version 1.0.2.x ???

By the way, I modified my export plugins to work with version 1.0.2.5 (RC). In previous versions link type ID pointed to the (hidden/internal) "Database Rocord ID" (aka MID). Now link type "ID" points to "Movie ID" (that is the one you can see and edit in PVD). Because the export plugins (including those that come with the 1.0.2.5 (RC) installation package) still resembled the old behaviour, ID links were broken when exported.

I fixed that. New files are attached...

If you want to create ID links that, again, behave as they used to in versions 0.9.x.x: use <link mid=... instead of <link id=... in PVD.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:16:28 pm by svenne »

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2014, 01:59:51 am »
Hi Nostra... why was the attachment deleted?

Offline goddert

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2014, 11:02:14 am »
May we know why the attachment was deleted or is it a secret? I was looking for it needing some sample code.
Thanks

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2014, 12:44:58 pm »
Maybe it was by mistake. I'm sure there would be a comment if they fell in disgrace out of a sudden or something. Here they are again...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 07:27:51 pm by svenne »

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2014, 07:32:28 pm »
Some kind of major update... :-)

"HTML Frames" now supports...

- "IMDB Rating" and "Rating"
- "Connections"
- "Tags"

"Further options..." button now also provides sort by "IMDB Rating" or "Rating"

Additional features generated by "pimpHTMLframesExport" (after export this tiny executable can be found in subfolder "(filname)_files\pimpHTMLframesExport\") don't result in thousands of small HTML files anymore. Now, all the additional links act as filters (altering the movie list instead of linking to seperate pages). You can always get back to the full list by selecting "show all entries" (near the "Further options..." button)

Some minor bugs were fixed (and maybe some new ones generated... so let me know if you notice strange behaviour).

Have fun
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 12:41:25 pm by svenne »