Author Topic: Bug 0.9.9.19_In Rescan of Folder not showing more than one movie like playlist  (Read 6234 times)

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
Hello,

I think there is a bug/problem in 0.9.9.19. I added a movie to a folder that was previously scanned.  There was already a listing in the database for this movie, so this would be a 2nd one with a slightly different file name.  
The scan, not sure at first if 2 movies were picked up under file column and seperated by | but when the scan did find a new movie.  So I selected OK. Database still only shows 1 movie. Closed PVD then reopened it after each scan(s) so info. would be saved to the database. Rerun the scan again a movie is picked up; seems as though in the database each time only one of the movies is shown and they were alternating, after each scan. I deleted the entry all together in the database. Closed PVD....... Now I do another scan of the directory. This time I check under file column if 2 movies are picked up and seperated by |.... Sure enough, both are picked up.  OK.  Check database, Only 1 movie is listed, NOT both movies. I do another scan after closing to save the info. to the database.  This time, the other movie that is not yet included in the database is not to be picked up.  I have to manually enter movies into the database seperated by | if there is more than 1 movie.  Need a fix for this.

I still had the install for v0.9.9.18 so I reinstalled it.  Because I have made changes to my Classic Tabs Skin to incorperate IMDB Votes into the skin, I reapplied the skin.  After doing so, I checked the movie I previously had problems with and sure enough, 2 movies seperated by | are listed for file info.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 03:52:22 pm by leogets »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
I do not think it is bug. Maybe you need to alter the regular expressions or turn some "Smart" scanning option off.

Please post full paths yuo scan here and some screenshots demonstrating the problem.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
Sorry nostra, I already reverted back to v0.9.9.18 and didn't have to run a scan again for both movies were now shown in the file path.

v0.9.9.19 for IMDB plugin preferences I had enabled silent mode and download all available images this part I don't think worked correctly for images in v0.9.9.18 but seemed to work in v0.9.9.19 for at least some of the new movies scanned in with images applied.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
The scanning behaviour you're describing has only to so with the regex in your scanner configuration. If you update to 0.9.9.19 (without changing your configuration settings), I'm sure you'll see no changes in behaviour.

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
I didn't as far as I know update from v18 to v19, I just downloaded it and installed it over-top of the original install then extracted my Classic Tabs skin to the skin directory again. The configuration file wouldn't be touched because on XP its in the C:\Documents and Settings\*UserName*\Application Data\Personal Video Database directory.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
The configuration file wouldn't be touched because on XP its in the C:\Documents and Settings\*UserName*\Application Data\Personal Video Database directory.

Exactly. That's why I would expect no change in scanning behaviour when you "re-update" to 0.9.9.19. In other words, whatever you observed likely had nothing to do with you changing versions.