Author Topic: Scan directories / add movies / problems  (Read 14100 times)

Offline Obelix

• User
    • View Profile
Scan directories / add movies / problems
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:05:06 am »
Hi!

maybe I do something wrong, but I cannot see what:
I make a directory scan and hope PVD will add all movies. For the most movies I get 2 entries, for some 3, seldom I get just 1. Ok, so I will delete the additional entries. None of the entries has a movie content description (neither zelluloid, nor OFDB works), so I have to add the content manually from the internet. Sometimes the poster comes (but only if available on amazon, not if available on zelluloid).
To get the content sometimes "automatically" I have to make an import from OFDB (nothing comes) then zelluloid (nothing comes) then again OFDB and when I'm lucky, I get the content.

what the hell is going on? this is not what I expected to do to add all my movies... And it cannot be the way others add their thousands of movies ;)

PDV Ver. 0.9.9.18 (Portable)
OFDB 0.4.1.0
Zelluloid 0.1.0.5

thanks for the help!
Obelix

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Scan directories / add movies / problems
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 11:48:35 pm »
1. Why don't you upgrade to 0.9.9.19?
2. Check the overwrite settings for ofdb plugin and zelluloid script in Tools -> Preferences -> Plugins (the checkboxes should be checked or marked, not empty)
3. It is ussually better to retrive Posters using specialized plugins like amazon
4. Provide some screenshots of the file scanner and your preferences
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline Obelix

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:01:49 am »
OK, just updated to 0.9.9.19

for zelluloid (and ofdb) plugin all checkboxes are checked. that means, also movie content should be loaded.
On en existing movie ("Engel sucht Liebe") I selected <Import><[DE] Zelluloid> and ..... ta ta ta - nothing ;)
So I tried to add this movie manually again. But Neither ofdb nor zelluloid plugin gets content. BUT going to the zelluloid web site I see (and copy/paste) the movie content.
strange...

Offline Obelix

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:17:23 am »
which part of the preferences you need (screenshot)?

buah

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 11:22:23 am »
It could be interesting to see a screenshot how plugin checkboxes are checked.
The appearance of the Overwrite fields section apparently varies according to OS, display settings, or something. So, for the sake of others who may not be seeing the same thing,

this is what mine mean:

Checkmark in a white box = overwrite
Checkmark in a gray box = fill if empty
Empty box = do not fill

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 10:26:39 pm »
1. Provide a step by step description of your actions firt as I can't reproduce the problem.
2. Start the program with -debug command line parameter, reproduce the problem, go to Help -> Log, post the content of the window here.
3. Create a screenshot of the Plugins section of Preferences with Zelluloid script selected
4. Create a screenshot of File Scanner Results (if applicable)
5. Create a screenshot of New Movie Master window (if applicable)
6. What is your OS language and version?

Offline Obelix

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 09:16:28 am »
ok - here we go.

see attached files for the screenshots.
the result screenshot and the logfile come in the next post, because I can only attach four files.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Obelix

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 09:17:38 am »
..and here comes the result.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 11:40:42 am »
for zelluloid (and ofdb) plugin all checkboxes are checked.

Not according to your screen shot—they are greyed/filled, meaning "fill if empty." This, of course, is not the reason you're getting no data. But it's important to understand the implications of these settings—especially if you're using two sources.

I make a directory scan and hope PVD will add all movies.

The program uses regex, not "hope" to identify titles from filenames. Sorry to be blunt, but your filenames are a mess. The default regex nor any modification you might attempt are going to be successful in processing filenames like these. The most effective file (or parent folder) pattern to use is \[Title] ([Year]). Not only is the title then unmistakable, so is year—which will resolve conflicts with other movies with the same name.

It appears you made no attempt to correct the filenames, so some online searches (OFDb, Zelluloid and Amazon) likely failed as well. It's not clear whether the faulty searches would have given you search results that would have allowed you to choose the correct movie. Nope...In my trials, all three sources correctly reported there are no movies with the title "ERASER PAL DISC2" or "ENDOFDAYS."

The 6th Day (your "result" screen shot) should have worked. I tried it myself, and got data from your three sources without difficulty. So maybe something else is wrong. Check Movies - Visible items to make sure all fields are enabled. Try refreshing after downloading. What do you see in edit mode? Are the fields there? If so, are they empty?

Offline Obelix

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 03:30:04 pm »
since reading some posts I understood the difference between checked and filled. So it could/should be ok, if the settings are filled.

The file names are directly from the DVDs, so I did not make them myself, and so I did not make any attempt to correct anything.

I did not change any settings according to fields or visibility... So in editmode are fields are empty (In my "real" database, not in the test I made this morning) I fill the movie content by copy and paste from the zelluloid web site.

what I recognized is, that OFDB mostly fills in the content, except the error showed up like in "foundfirsterror.jpg". But zelluloid never fills in any content, but other information, if available.

thanks for your reply and your help!

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 07:37:05 pm »
But zelluloid never fills in any content, but other information, if available.

The attached screen shot shows what I get from Zelluloid for Collateral Damage. Following is my log for that download...

Code: [Select]
(04/16/2010 11:13:07 AM) Compiling script: zelluloid.psf
(04/16/2010 11:13:07 AM) Script compiled successfully: zelluloid.psf
(04/16/2010 11:13:07 AM) Executing script binary
(04/16/2010 11:13:07 AM) Logging in...
(04/16/2010 11:13:07 AM) Searching movie information for: COLLATERAL DAMAGE
(04/16/2010 11:13:07 AM) GET: http://www.zelluloid.de/suche/index.php3?qstring=COLLATERAL+DAMAGE
(04/16/2010 11:13:11 AM) Redirected to: /filme/index.php3?id=1702
(04/16/2010 11:13:12 AM) GET: http://www.zelluloid.de/filme/details.php3?id=1702
(04/16/2010 11:13:13 AM) GET: http://www.zelluloid.de/filme/links.php3?id=1702
(04/16/2010 11:13:15 AM) GET: http://www.zelluloid.de/images/poster/46b296b4c8428.jpg

How are your results different?

OFDB mostly fills in the content, except the error showed up like in "foundfirsterror.jpg".

I don't know what might have caused this error. Attached are my results from doing the same search. The search dialog correctly shows the three items from the OFDb search results page.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 07:38:57 pm »
Could you, please, answer ALL questions I asked?

Offline Obelix

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 07:50:49 pm »
@nostra
ok,
1. the step by step description:
- opening PVD
- select Tools -> Scan folders...
- answer all questions - select the right movie when a dialog pops up

2. - 5. see post above

6. Windows 7 Version 6.1 Build 7600

if I forgot anything, tell me the what information to add

@rick
did you add the movie by Movies -> New Movie Master or did you make a search within a folder?
I think the results differ from method to method, but I will try that explicit...

Offline Obelix

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 08:00:59 pm »
I just made a test.
Collateral Damage works perfectly when adding manually by Movies -> New Movie Master
and also works perfectly with a subdir called "Collateral Damage" and a fake AVI within having the same name.

So this seems to be a problem of my directory names, which come from reading the DVD.

only thing stays open is the Zelluloid/OFDB thing not getting content by zelluloid and sometimes getting advertisement messages instead of movies from ofdb...

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 08:29:01 pm »
2. Start the program with -debug command line parameter, reproduce the problem, go to Help -> Log, post the content of the window here.

And what is the language of your windows?

Offline Obelix

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 08:35:04 pm »
for 2. (-debug etc) see post with the result screenshot. I posted the logfile there as attachment.

the OS language is english with german region settings

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 08:36:14 pm »
only thing stays open is the Zelluloid/OFDB thing not getting content by zelluloid

Please try downloading Collateral Damage from Zelluloid and posting a screen shot and log—as suggested in my previous post. First, Ctrl-Delete it from your database, if it exists.

and sometimes getting advertisement messages instead of movies from ofdb.

In my test, I created a record first, then downloaded. The first time I tried it using NMM, I got the same error as you—it seemed to try to use a news page instead of the search results page. Unfortunately, I did not save the log and now cannot reproduce the error.

So this seems to be a problem of my directory names, which come from reading the DVD.

I don't understand. From your screen shot, these appear to be DVD rips. Is E: not a HDD?

Offline Obelix

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 08:56:35 pm »
I will try Collateral Damage to read from Zelluloid.

E: is a hdd containing backups from my DVDs for watching on a media station (popcorn hour) over the network. So the directory names come from ripping the DVDs. But as I understood giving them the correct movie name gives PVD a good chance to get all information from the net automatically.

Offline Obelix

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 09:02:58 pm »
here comes the zelluloid result for Collateral Damage.
I started PVD in debug mode, added a new movie master and had the buttons set to zelluloid, amazon and something for me not readable (and not selected) for the cover.
the result is no description (see screenshot) and I also attached the log.
I missed to make a screenshot from the New Movie Master dialog, but you can imagine how it looks from the description.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 10:45:26 pm »
the result is no description (see screenshot)

Our results are identical—neither of us got a description.

The script needs a simple fix. Change line 378 from...
mX[ 47 ] := '<DIV CLASS=bigtext>'; to
mX[ 47 ] := '<DIV CLASS="bigtext">';

Switching to Zelluloid [DE] results in missing movie description. The title, year, etc. is collected. No description, no comment.

Eventually, all problems are solved. ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:55:02 pm by rick.ca »

anything