Author Topic: Problem with the Zacca and VinT families skins  (Read 4564 times)

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Problem with the Zacca and VinT families skins
« on: April 15, 2010, 04:48:12 pm »
Windows XP PRO SP3
800x600 screen resolution
PVD 9.1.19

Why do I have problems in the skins of families Zacca and VinT and the skin pvd_movie_themovedb.

The moment is always my preference to skin from these familie pvd_movie_themovedb PVD or blocked me or I have a blank screen (not open database)with other skin,these problems can not.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with the Zacca and VinT families skins
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 06:59:28 pm »
I doubt there's anything wrong with those skins, although there may be something about them that triggers a problem.

In recent releases, I've noticed the display is not refreshed properly when a skin is changed. Typically, some columns are not set to the correct width and maybe some colours are not changed. This doesn't bother me much because it doesn't take long to reload the program on a fast machine—and doing so ensures there will be no such problems. I wonder, however, why others have not reported the issue. Could it be happening because my machine is too fast? :-\

I got a "control has no parent window" exception quite regularly while testing this (i.e., changing skins). I've sent nostra the bug report. This error doesn't cause the program to crash, but combined with the refresh problem (if it's not the same problem) it can result in a blank movie panel and list. A refresh is required to display them.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with the Zacca and VinT families skins
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 07:20:26 pm »
OK, thanks for the clarification.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

anything