Author Topic: Exporting/importing my database  (Read 5117 times)

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Exporting/importing my database
« on: March 03, 2010, 02:18:51 pm »
 In order to be able to use my database with no firebird issues, I am trying to follow Buah's suggestion and procedure
 (see: http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=1722.20    and   http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=1734.0)

At the moment I am stuck with import/export of csv or xls files.

I have created an xml file then converted it into excel file.

I have a few issues with this:

-  The first column obtained is "movies". In this column all values are 5218 (number of movies in my database). What does this mean? Also, for importing back into pvd, what field should I choose?

-  I guess "num" is the ID number?  Many of my movies are "0", is that OK or should I re-index everything?

- What is "rip"? what field should I use in the import for this?

- I have imported a lot of useful categories from Allmovie, they have not been exported into the xml file, how can I do that?

- I have also created a custom field (box to tick) for "i want to watch", how can I get it exported as well?

- Where are the screenshots exported?

You see, I am not even at the posters step and I have many issues, I hope you can help.

Thanks

D.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 09:07:45 pm by rick.ca »

buah

Re: Eporting/importing my database
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 04:54:02 pm »
I believe you have to modify export template

1. You don't need it for import.
2. It is ID. You don't need to reindex movies because it is their index.
3. If its column is empty when exported, don't import "Rip". Needless, right? If it's not empty, you'll know what field is in the matter.
4. "Category" column is, I believe, No. "46" without quotes
5. "Box to tick" column is, I believe, some number above "226" without quotes. I think that is a question for nostra, and until then, try all numbers above 226, that are equal to total count of custom fields.
6. "Screenshots" column is, I believe, No. "64" without quotes.

Please, don't hurry. Cheers

P.S. Inspect other templates (simple text and other text templates), it might help you.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 05:57:41 pm by buah »

buah

Re: Exporting/importing my database
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 11:45:06 pm »
Deazo,

Just got this from rick. Hope you still need it for your "box to thick". Insert these lines in xml template

<custom>{%value=i want to watch custom="true"}</custom>

also,
<category>{%value=category}</category>
<screenshots>{%value=screenshots}</screenshots>

Screenshots and posters are exported in images subfolder where your xml file was generated. It should help now.

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:07:24 am by buah »

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting/importing my database
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 06:41:08 pm »

Thanks Buah for this info and for remembering my problem.
 I have paused this process when I received from Nostra the hope that he might be able to "fix" my database file.
 I am worried about the export/import process because I have so much data (700MB database file) that I am sure I will loose some in the process.
 I am thus waiting for Nostra to destroy my hope or to make me happy.

If my hopes of a fix are destroyed I'll get back to this daunting task and will definitely use your tip!!
 Thanks again.