Author Topic: Lists  (Read 7596 times)

buah

Lists
« on: April 28, 2010, 02:09:34 am »
While importing movies to PVD I had to make a lot of custom (temporary) entries, as for default lists as for custom lists (fields). A lot of stale entries now, and couldn't find efficient way to get rid of them.

But not only to get rid of them, it would automate actions in a sense of adding new entries where it's most logical to me: in Preferences, but no in edit mode.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Lists
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 02:35:30 am »
Sorry, I have no idea what you mean. ???

buah

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 06:45:23 am »
Np, I'll explain everything to you. Tools-Preferences-Lists. More lists (Subtitles, for instance), including lists for a custom defined fields (Source, for instance), so I could get rid of some stale entries of a specific list (English/English/Hardsubbed), and/or to add new ones there and not in the edit mode?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:50:46 am by buah »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 11:20:42 pm »
All possible list fields (except the custom ones) are there and you can add, delete and change values, so what else do you need???
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

buah

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 12:17:01 am »
1. I really didn't know that it is impossible to list other fields. For instance, it was logical to me Year field to expect to be a list - it is known and exact data, like languages, right?. So were the Frame Rate - there are only a few of them? Then Channels, even Sampling Rates, etc. On the other hand, I haven't had time to discover what is Quality list field meant for. It's still empty for all of my entries, not a single automated filling of it during scanning files.

2. To be honest, I overlooked the congruence of Original Language and Subtitles fields, and the fact that both of them belong to a list named Languages.

3. The question of possibility to add custom made list fields to Lists - remains.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 01:51:26 am »
1. I really didn't know that it is impossible to list other fields. For instance, it was logical to me Year field to expect to be a list - it is known and exact data, like languages, right?. So were the Frame Rate - there are only a few of them? Then Channels, even Sampling Rates, etc. On the other hand, I haven't had time to discover what is Quality list field meant for. It's still empty for all of my entries, not a single automated filling of it during scanning files.

Such fields as year, frame rate, channels and so on can theoretically contain any possible number, so it is not practical to have them as lists.

On the other hand, I haven't had time to discover what is Quality list field meant for. It's still empty for all of my entries, not a single automated filling of it during scanning files.

You can enter whatever you want there, but usually it is used to tell the type of the rip (you know DVDRip, BDRip, TC, etc)

3. The question of possibility to add custom made list fields to Lists - remains.

I think I can add this to my long tODO list ;)

buah

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 06:48:44 am »
Thank you for the answers and consideration.

Now when you said it, I think it would be very funny to see the size of your TODO list, or to pin it to this board. It might "help" us to be more humble in our ideas (not to say requests). ;)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 08:25:39 am »
I think it would be very funny to see the size of your TODO list, or to pin it to this board.

I'm curious to see how he's adapted PVD to this purpose. He's done so for his Whisky, ::) so I'm not prepared to believe he hasn't yet done so for managing his TODO list. 8)

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 04:13:47 pm »
I'm curious to see how he's adapted PVD to this purpose. He's done so for his Whisky, Roll Eyes so I'm not prepared to believe he hasn't yet done so for managing his TODO list. Cool

It would be strange if I did not  8). I have written an app to manage todos and changelogs for me, but have never got to publish it somewhere.
I do not want to publish the TODO list as I am writing stuff there in 3 different languages, so it will be a bit difficult to understand and I also often record ideas there that are too abstract to be interpreted by other people :)

buah

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 09:20:45 pm »
so it will be a bit difficult to understand and I also often record ideas there that are too abstract to be interpreted by other people :)

I knew it would be funny!