Author Topic: File Paths  (Read 5300 times)

mgpw4me@yahoo.com

File Paths
« on: April 30, 2010, 12:03:40 am »
When I'm loading an image from a directory (very common for me), I spend time changing directories when I don't think I should have to.  For example, if I load a movie poster, then a cover and then several person images, I have to change the directory for each image type because the file open dialog only saves the most recently used directory.

Having an MRU for each image type would make the image upload process easier.

I considered asking that PREFERENCES -> FOLDERS be used as a default, but I'd hate to overlap the intended function of the file paths (save external images to a folder, versus load images from a folder).  This would actually work fine for me, but I don't have to provide support when things go wrong.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: File Paths
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 01:47:56 am »
It seems like you need to configure paths in Dialogs section in Preferences -> Folders
Note that you can specify different default folders by selecting the type in the combo box in the right upper corner of the group box, switch the radio button to "specified folder" and enter the path.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

mgpw4me@yahoo.com

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 02:01:52 am »
The drop-down doesn't have an option for people, or covers.  Maybe I'm missing something here, but it appears it isn't (at least) very intuitive...or maybe I'm just very stupid  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 04:06:01 pm »
The drop-down doesn't have an option for people, or covers.

Right, I'll add those in future.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but it appears it isn't (at least) very intuitive...or maybe I'm just very stupid  Grin

You are welcome to suggest a better approach.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

mgpw4me@yahoo.com

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 05:54:49 pm »
You are welcome to suggest a better approach.

Or I could just admit I'm very stupid  :)