Author Topic: What happens when IMDB gets updated?  (Read 4556 times)

Offline Gaco

• View Profile
What happens when IMDB gets updated?
« on: May 06, 2010, 12:32:20 pm »
The episode listing on BBC's longtime running documentary series "Horizon" is a mess on IMDB. First, only about 1/4 of all the episodes are listed. Second, of those that are listed, only two are designated to the correct season (1 and 32 respectively), all the rest have no season info. Someday this will be corrected and new episodes will be added (I may help do this myself), but my question now is:

What happens if you import Horizon (1964) from IMDB now, put ratings on a bunch of the episodes now listed under "Season 0" (on IMDB: Season: unknown), and later it's updated and put into other seasons etc? Will my personal ratings for the episodes be preserved?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 02:11:14 pm by Gaco »

buah

Re: What happens when IMDB gets updated?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 02:06:59 pm »
Of course it will be preserved.

What I would do is that I would always make a backup before any significant changes tp PVD database, besides making backups on a regular basis.

Offline Gaco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 02:10:43 pm »
Good. It suspected that the user data would be preserved case, but I wanted to be sure. I regularly make backups so I know what you mean, but do you consider an IMDB import update (select entry in view mode, then click "Import->[EN] Get movie info from IMDB") as a "significant change to PVD database?"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 02:12:27 pm by Gaco »

buah

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 03:31:30 pm »
For me, significant change is importing/updating more than 5 entries at the time. But, please, it's up to you. Just take me as too precocious.