Author Topic: IMDb Conservative Theme  (Read 7926 times)

buah

IMDb Conservative Theme
« on: May 09, 2010, 09:05:46 pm »
This is my first skin ever, so all suggestions are appreciated.

It is IMDb.com site style, but with data separated to tabs, to fit mostly for users with 16:9 monitors. Scrolling should be necessary only when collapsing expandable sections.

Extract attached file to your \Personal Video Database\Skins\Movies folder, and restart PVD.

Known issues: Please refer to this topic.

Kudos for nostra and jk124 for their Russian IMDB.com style theme and to mgpw4me@yahoo.com for his people skin that had been used as templates and inspiration.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 05:25:53 pm by buah »

buah

Re: IMDb Conservative Theme
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 09:09:41 pm »
Screenshots of tabs. Recommended to open in seprate tab/window

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:12:13 pm by buah »

buah

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 09:10:54 pm »
Screenshots of tabs. Recommended to open in seprate tab/window

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:12:29 pm by buah »

mgpw4me@yahoo.com

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 05:59:50 am »
Very nice.

I assume that you selected posters manually for each tab?  If so, it would be cool feature to select specific images from within the skin (with a default for 'out of range') <poster show=1/> or some such thing.  If not, how did you do it?

buah

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 08:27:32 am »
Thank you mgp. Your opinion means a lot to me, since I use your people skin (and it influenced, me too) and this is your "field", how I see it.

I assume that you selected posters manually for each tab?  If so, it would be cool feature to select specific images from within the skin (with a default for 'out of range') <poster show=1/> or some such thing.  If not, how did you do it?

Yes, I selected posters manually for each tab, but I tried to carefully select them, because I wanted to show how the skin looks with different poster aspects. especially considering the amount of text on left side. I agree it would be nice for posters to shuffle by clicking on every tab, too. Or to be able to assign different poster for each tab.

Or, even (you gave me the idea), to "skin" the background with poster, something like desktop wallpaper.

Today I tested the same database with this skin, but on other computers, and there were no memory consumptions at all! What I think happened was the fact that I didn't switch off the laptop I was creating the skin at for 7 days, so I edited the first post.

buah

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 01:51:31 am »
Skin updated to v0.9.9.1

- Added custom field for IMDb plug-in user comments new feature (see picture attached). Please add custom memo field to PVD Preferences and name it "User Comments" (without quotes), and you won't have to change the skin manually.
- Code cleaned and organized for a better preview.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:18:43 am by buah »

buah

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 09:26:00 pm »
Skin updated

Some minor issues fixed.

Also:

- Added Serbian Latin IMDb Conservative Theme that suits Serbian Latin localization of PVD. Najbolje koristiti srpsku latiničnu temu sa latiničnim srpskim interfejsom PVD-a.

- Added Serbian Cyrillic IMDb Conservative Theme that suits Serbian Cyrillic localization of PVD. Најбоље користити српску ћириличну тему са ћириличним српским интерфејсом ПВД-а.

If you have any questions, or suggestions, please contact me on buah06@yahoo.com.

Goodbye

anything