Author Topic: resize front cover  (Read 8147 times)

Offline TBach1979

• View Profile
resize front cover
« on: May 16, 2010, 01:39:00 am »
Is there a way to resize the front cover I have a picture of a television series and on TVDB they have banners for the series and I have placed it at the bottom in the front cover field but it is really tiny and I have resized the field to the size that I want the banner to fill up is there a way to autosize to that size?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: resize front cover
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 11:37:52 pm »
The skins manual is here: http://www.videodb.info/help/hlp_skins.html

You can make front cover bigger like this: <froncover height="500"/>
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

buah

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 12:29:07 am »
The skins manual is here: http://www.videodb.info/help/hlp_skins.html

You can make front cover bigger like this: <froncover height="500"/>

I tried everything, but no luck. And it seems I'm not the only one

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 11:46:16 pm »
Oh, I forgot: images shown for front and cd cover are not the original ones, but thumbnails of smaller size. I have done this because those covers tend to be very big and slow down the drawing of the information card.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 01:04:08 am »
It's difficult to see how that might be changed without creating other issues. Maybe what need to be considered is an additional image field that behaves just like the existing poster field. It could be used for banners, displaying a second poster, or some other kind of image.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 01:11:42 am »
I think I will need to change covers anyway allowing multiple images for each type and more flexible skin manipulations.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 01:35:00 am »
If you did that, it seems to me one image container for both front and CD covers would suffice. But it's the behaviour of the container that makes the difference. Whether it's used for covers or something else, the behaviour of displaying only a thumbnail in the skin—which can be double-clicked to display the full image in the viewer—is a reasonable one. On the other hand, some may want to display a larger version in the skin (e.g., resizing a cover in the skin, just as a poster is now). So if you were to change both these fields so they behave like posters, that would be fine (because the desired behaviour could be specified in the skin), but what about the issue of very large images slowing the drawing of the card?

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 02:00:35 am »
I think I will let users define what they want (thumbnail or original image) in the skin...

buah

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 06:48:24 am »
When I was deciding how big my database would be (how many data it should contain) I said to my self: the hardware I'm going to have in the future ain't going to be slower, and I will change it for sure, but for sure I won't re-add additional data to all of my entries because than my hardware could handle it.

In other words, it is more important to me to have a slower but full database at the moment, than to add that very same additional data in the future when hardware getting faster.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 11:18:13 pm »
In other words, it is more important to me to have a slower but full database at the moment, than to add that very same additional data in the future when hardware getting faster.

Original images are still there and you can see them by double clicking the thumbnail, so it is not a problem at all.

buah

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 11:47:13 am »
Original images are still there and you can see them by double clicking the thumbnail, so it is not a problem at all.

Yes, of course. I was referring to "slowness" while drawing of the information card. I just wanted to say that I think I wouldn't mind that.

anything