Author Topic: MyMovies.it script for movies and people  (Read 25643 times)

Online Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MyMovies.it script for movies and people
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 08:54:38 am »
Found a bug, don't really know what exactly caused it, but when trying to import "The Truth About Love", this message pops:

And it keeps appearing every time I try to select, edit, delete (etc) the movie. That sometimes appears twice in a row. It only stops popping if I clear attributes. Using other import scripts doesn't trigger the error, while both modded mymovies scripts do.

Does this only happens in this movie!

Actually this is not really bug in the script, the problem is more on The Truth About Love movie web site on which the data are not complete.
An example is The Transporter movie web site that provides complete data,
and conditionally speaking bug is not to bug.

A little advice:
Before you do New Entry Movie and its data, you make a backup copy of an existing database data, for example, below mentioned error.

When these signals such an error (sshot-1 picture attached), first do this, as you mentioned earlier, then go to Tools > Prefereces > Plugins > Mymovies and de-select, in this case Counrty (sshot-2 image attached), then Run the script again and it should work without the above error (sshot-3 picture attached). So for me it works.
Then again, this box is marked, when you make a new entry to the movie all the time if - once again back to this error occurs.

BTW:
I am not the author of scripts, which are here mentioned, only to help users solve problems, as far as I can.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline Cycloptux

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 12:05:32 pm »
Thanks for the help, managed to import that movie without the country off.
Just realized a very similar message appears when I try importing Fast And Furious Tokyo Drift, although this time it doesn't say what caused the error...
I know you didn't write the code, but I'll try anyways:

This is the debug log, don't know if it can help:

http://pastebin.com/6YyMWwUS

Thanks in advance!

Online Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 01:12:44 pm »
In this case I'm powerless, Nostra here might be a something in help or author of this script.
Looks, however, that changes taking in place there.
Ivek23

Offline Thiezar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 12:10:57 pm »
Ok people, I'm really sorry. I abandoned all of you and my script. I would like to thank who fixed a few bugs in my old script.
I'm using PVD again now and, since my old MyMovies script sucks I've written a new one. It should work quite fine. I tested it with some movies, but it's still a beta, so use it carefully :-)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:32:20 pm by Thiezar »

Online Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 07:04:07 am »
I tested a bit, but I found some weaknesses:
Posters do not always pass (tested at about 50 movies, at least half of these movies there was no transfer poster on the web page poster it was).
According to the latest version of your or the latest version of the script to auto-update system now missing tagline (I think on this red description of poster on the web page), awards.
Search Results for missing such a director.
Ivek23

Offline Thiezar

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 12:34:04 pm »
I never had problems with posters O.o Could you please tell me a couple of movies with this issue?
About awards: yes, they're missing... I'm still working on it.
Sorry but I don't get the tagline and search results part, what do you mean? :-/

Online Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 03:55:58 pm »
I never had problems with posters O.o Could you please tell me a couple of movies with this issue?
8 Mile
Ab-normal Beauty
L'Atalante
The Transporter
Star Trek: Enterprise - Stagione 1

Sorry but I don't get the tagline and search results part, what do you mean?

8 Mile  --  > qualcosa di più di un'icona musicale prestata al cinema

Here I thought, images attached.

Ivek23

Online Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 03:58:18 pm »
search results part, what do you mean?

Here I thought, images attached.

Ivek23

Offline Thiezar

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 04:39:30 pm »
This script gets only italian posters, so if this is missing (like the movies you mentioned) the poster will not be downloaded.
Example: 8-Mile has only a thumbinail, not a real poster. The transporter has only the english poster.
Anyway, I will let the script download both the italian poster and the first foreign poster aviable. There will be 2 posters (or just one, it depends on which poster is aviable or not) for each movie, for now. It's difficult to get the italian OR the english poster due to the organisation of the MyMovies.it site. I will try it later to write a better script to avoid 2 posters.
I will add director in the search results also.
About tagline: well, that pink sentence is just a quote of the review of the movie. It doesn't describe the movie itself and it's quite aimless in my opinion... but ok, I will try to include it.

Offline Thiezar

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 05:25:30 pm »
Done. Try this update.

Online Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 07:38:08 pm »
Example: 8-Mile has only a thumbinail, not a real poster. The transporter has only the english poster.

A little look at this two mymovies_mod and mymovies_NotFound_mod script because these scripts is download a poster for this movie.
Ivek23

Offline goddert

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 08:32:12 pm »
A little look at this two mymovies_mod and mymovies_NotFound_mod script because these scripts is download a poster for this movie.

It's the thumbnail (from the main page) which is downloaded. Not a poster.

If anyone wants really this thumbnail (as fallback). One has to follow this way:

if exists <td class="rec_link_disattivo"> with a poster section (or look for the link "locandina". If it exists it points to the poster section)  then take the first poster of the poster section
else take the thumbnail of the main page.

You can't take the title attribute to locate the "locandina italiana" because sometimes they call it poster (although it is the "locandina italiana" - e.g. Baciami piccina) and sometimes they call it "locandina italiana".

In the end you can't really distinguish between foreign and Italian posters. I would take the first poster you find in the poster section (if exists an Italian poster 95% it is the first poster in the poster section). Otherwise take that thumbnail.

Personally I'd prefer to use another script to get a real poster if there is only a thumbnail.

By the way the page is a mess. They mix the mobile page (pad.mymovies.it) with the normal page (www.mymovies.it) which makes parsing a difficult.

Offline Thiezar

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 09:16:18 pm »
goddert got the point on this script.
I really don't want to download a thumbinail. So I did as goddert says: download the first poster (if exists) because it's 95% italian. In my last update the script downloads the first two posters (95% an italian and an alternative foreign poster).
The page is really a mess. There aren't HTTP elements identification or a standard structure so the script has to check a lot of conditions.
Not to mention the search engine: a nightmare. I'm in trouble with the mymovies peoples script right now because of it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:36:14 pm by Thiezar »

Online Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 08:07:04 am »
Done. Try this update.

Now is better, but I have a suggestion:
this
Code: [Select]
AddSearchResult(Title+' ['+Director+']', '', Year, URL, '');maybe the replaced by this
Code: [Select]
AddSearchResult(Title+' ('+Year+') '+'   '+Director, '', '', URL, '');  is more evident in the search results.
Ivek23

Online Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 11:03:32 am »
He made a small cosmetic correction (better appearance for the download section).

Script is attached, is also available  via the program's auto-update system.

Ivek23

anything