Author Topic: List of movies suddenly empty  (Read 4538 times)

Offline Metal_Warrior

• View Profile
List of movies suddenly empty
« on: May 21, 2010, 10:50:09 pm »
Hello everyone! First I want to "thank you" for this awesome Database. Worked perfectly until today.
Before I start: Please excuse my bad english, not my mother language. However I hope I can explain my problem and can find some help. Big sorry if this problem was explained allready, I searched the forum for an hour or so.

Now this is what happened: I started PVD like normal but all my movies seemed to be gone. The right side of the screen (where the movie information should be) looks like I started PVD for the first time (it explains how to add movies). The complete list on the left side of the screen was empty.
After the first shock I realized, that the movies aren't really gone, PVD just don't show them. In the lower left corner where it says how many movies are in the database there is the correct number; next to that number it says that 0 movies are visible. I checked the preferences but couldn't find anything - all boxes are checked / unchecked like they used to be and I didn't changed anything since last time I used the Database. The actors Database on the other Hand still works perfectly, also the statistics show the correct stats. I tried to use a backup, but that resulted in the same problem - no movies for me. :(
Does anybody know what I can do?

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: List of movies suddenly empty
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 11:39:15 pm »
Check all the filters and the search box. The search box must be empty and all the filters should be on "All" and Advanced filters on "Visible movies only".
What version are you using? If you use the current one then just select Filters -> Reset filters
What skin is selected in preferences?
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline Metal_Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 12:17:02 am »
Thanks for the reply. I am using Version 0.9.7.1  The searchbox is empty. I don't know much about filters; but if you mean the stuff in "view" (I think it is called "view", I don't use an english version): The options there are on "show all", "with and without mark", "movies and shows", etc. So it should show everything in the database.
The skin is the standard one. I don't think it has something to do with searchfilters, because of the text displayed where the movie infos once were. Something like "welcome to Personal Video Database. To add movies click on..." It didn't say this when I simply search for something without any results.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 01:05:19 am »
Sorry, but you have a very old version of the program and I really can't remember what was there at this point. Make a backup of your database and upgrade to the current version.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

anything