Author Topic: Same person as different person  (Read 5739 times)

Offline Thiezar

• View Profile
Same person as different person
« on: May 24, 2010, 02:27:09 pm »
Hi. I'm using PVD 0.9.9.21 on Win 7.
When, in a movie, the director is also producer or writer PVD doesn't recognize him as the same person. If i add people information for the director...the same person in the writer or producer field doesn't have alink to the same informations (is still blue).
Otherwise when this happens with an actor (if an actor is also producer or writer or composer) it all works fine  ???

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Same person as different person
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 06:56:23 pm »
It's very common (i.e., more likely than not) a director is also a producer or screenwriter, and yet I've never seen this. So I'm sure the problem is with the source (FilmUP?) and not the program. If this is the case, consider using IMDb for people and FilmUP (or other Italian sources) for other information.

Offline Thiezar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 03:04:55 pm »
Uhm I'm not sure but... PVD takes only strings from the web, not database linkings and relationships, dont'it?
If so PVD should recognize same person and linkin it to same informations.
If not I need some suggestions because I use my own script. It works very well and i would keep using it. Should I tell the program when two names are the same person with my script?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 08:31:42 pm »
PVD takes only strings from the web, not database linkings and relationships, dont'it?

No, in the case of the IMDb People plugin, it is clearly maintaining the relationships—no doubt using the URL to identify people (particularly those already in the database). I don't know if that's possible with a script. You can include the URL when adding a person, but I don't know if the program is able to check for an existing record. :-\

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 01:30:36 pm »
When adding a movie/person using your script make sure you put always the same values for titles/names and year. It is also better if you provide URL whenever possible.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline Thiezar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 10:23:21 pm »
I'm sure the name is exactly the same but i dont' include URL for peoples.... i'll try to include it and see what it happens. Thank you ^^