Author Topic: Problems in newer versions after 19 with file path & recognition of path changes  (Read 4879 times)

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
Hello,

Ever since v18 or v19, I've been experiencing issues with file path changes.
Ex: Lets say I have a file in directory HDD_055 and then I add a newer file because the first cut of the movie in HDD_055 was say a Screener or R5 and the new movie I just added was to HDD_061.  When I do a new scan of all the directories, File changes are found.  I except and proceed.  When I'm finished I do another scan. The same file is again picked up with file changes to be made.  Your program just seems to alternate between the 2 directories.  In order for me to fix this I have to manually go to this movie, double-click on it and delete the file path info. Then do another scan so that both files are picked up at the same time.

The above happens with a lot of movies, not just this one.

Another issue I have is in the characters presented to the end user in the file path.  A lot of my movies have file name that are a lot longer than just 36 characters in length.  In previous versions, I visually could see an inspect the information pertained in the file path. With these newer versions, all I get to see is just 36 characters, no more.  I would like this put back the way it was... Period.  This way I can inspect it manually for the | to signify that there is in fact more than one file under this heading.

Another problem I found is with manually trying to edit the file path info. With the info. that is presented to me on this line for the file path, I cannot any longer just place the cursor in between characters.  Cursor placement along with the amount of viewable characters on this line is totally messed up for file path info.  Please Fix these issues.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:41:19 pm by leogets »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
In order for me to fix this I have to manually go to this movie, double-click on it and delete the file path info. Then do another scan so that both files are picked up at the same time.

Or you could "manually" add the second file with "Add to existing files" (in the add dialog) checked.

I agree it would be nice if there were an option presented in the scanner results dialog to add to or replace existing files, but it would be presumptuous to assume. Other users in exactly the same scenario would want the new file to replace the old. They might then delete the old file, move it to folder that is not scanned or add it to the ignore list.

Offline trumpy81

• User
    • View Profile
Another issue I have is in the characters presented to the end user in the file path.  A lot of my movies have file name that are a lot longer than just 36 characters in length.  In previous versions, I visually could see an inspect the information pertained in the file path. With these newer versions, all I get to see is just 36 characters, no more.  I would like this put back the way it was... Period.  This way I can inspect it manually for the | to signify that there is in fact more than one file under this heading.

Another problem I found is with manually trying to edit the file path info. With the info. that is presented to me on this line for the file path, I cannot any longer just place the cursor in between characters.  Cursor placement along with the amount of viewable characters on this line is totally messed up for file path info.  Please Fix these issues.

GDay All,

leogets, this may be related to a problem I had. Check and make sure that the Media Type number box contains a 1 if you have a single file name in the file address box. If there are 2 file addresses seperated by '|' then put a 2 in the Media Type number box , if there are three file addresses, put in a 3 and so on...

Regards
Andy M