Author Topic: [SOLVED] Adding deleted movies  (Read 5871 times)

Offline rd1381

• View Profile
[SOLVED] Adding deleted movies
« on: October 03, 2010, 01:01:54 pm »
why when i delete a movie it doesn't actually get deleted from database?

i delete movie and when i add it again it asks if i want to add the movie that i added before or if i want to add a new one.
if i select the new one it finds nothing(says no movie found).
i noted that when i select the new option ,then  in lower status bar of pvd (that shows the internet queries) that the search from imdb is done without the search quote (with an empty quote for search )
and if i select the added before movie it gets it from the imdb page of that movie (without searching for it).it load the old movie complete with customized poster that was supposed to be deleted.

but if i search for a completely different and not added before movie (that doesn't show me that dialog to select the old movie or add a new) record the queries at bottom of pvd contains the title i requested for search.
it seems that  imdb plugin is broken in this area.(i cant test other plugin to see if thats true for them too)

the weird thing is that when i want to add "Emanuelle in America" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074473/ and i search for 'Emanuelle in America' it asks with a dialog if i want the new option or the already added and deleted entry .if i select the new option it finds nothing .if i select the deleted entry it load the deleted entry complete with poster added from amazon even though i have not selected the poster option .
now the weird pat is that if i search for 'Emanuelle America' (without the 'in ') to fool pvd to think i want o add a different movie it doesn't find the 'Emanuelle in America' in its list of found movies.
plz help.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 10:07:40 pm by rick.ca »

buah

Re: adding deleted movies
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 03:05:39 pm »
I'm not sure if you noticed a dialog box when deleting a movie. Please see image attached. You have to hold CTRL key while pressing "Yes" button.

Of course, this counts if I properly understood the issue.

Next, did you try to search IMDb itself for "Emanuelle America"? No results also, right?

So, it has nothing to do with PVD, or its IMDb plugin. What it has to do with, and I'm guessing here, is that you cannot search IMDb for adult genre. You have to do it via Google. The very first search result for "Emanuelle America" will be exactly "Emanuelle in America" at IMDb.

To conclude: PVD is perfect and its IMDb plugin isn't broken. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 05:59:58 pm »
why when i delete a movie it doesn't actually get deleted from database?

A description of the Delete function is here. See "Adding records" here for configuration settings affecting this behaviour. Please read the Help documentation.

Offline rd1381

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 06:28:57 pm »
thanks .i didnt read the little dialog (small screen :) )

and for that emanaule title: i dont understand how i could get it to add to pvd before?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 07:08:56 pm »
and for that emanaule title: i dont understand how i could get it to add to pvd before?

This is considered an "Adult Title" by IMDb. You have to be logged in and have the applicable preference set to have these included in searches.

Offline rd1381

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 09:38:34 pm »
thanks.
plz somebody add solved to this post title.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 10:07:08 pm »
plz somebody add solved to this post title.

Done. But you, as the original poster, may do this yourself by "modifying" your first post.