Author Topic: Posters and People  (Read 6689 times)

Offline whoppers

• View Profile
Posters and People
« on: June 13, 2010, 07:15:29 pm »
Hi

A few suggestions.
1. Option to set the maxium number of cast, directors, writers etc. downloaded when getting information from imdb.
2. When updating people information. If there is more than one to select from, it would be easier, if you could see which movie in your collection, the person is part of.
3. Same as 1, but when downloading posters from various sites.

buah

Re: Posters and People
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 07:42:59 pm »
Hi whoppers. I'm in a hurry, so I'll be short to tell you my opinion.

1. Did you try to set marked option in a picture attached, regarding cast? As for other credits, I like to have all directors, writers, etc...
2. It would be easier, but you can click on a link "Click here to open download page in browser" in a "Select Person" window, if you're unsure.
3. I'm not sure I understood you, but, for instance, when I'm downloading posters from IMPAwards, I check as many boxes as how much posters I prefer to download?

Cheers

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline whoppers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 08:37:21 pm »
Hi buah

Thank you for your input.

1. Damn, I missed that one. I'll try that out.
2. Yes, I know. Easier and faster, was what I was going for.
3. When using TheMovieDB, I sometimes get 15 or more posters. It would be nice to limit that to 5

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:08:51 pm »
2. When updating people information. If there is more than one to select from, it would be easier, if you could see which movie in your collection, the person is part of.

I don't understand. If you're using IMDb, the people are added when a movie is added. When those records are updated, they will include filmographies which will indicate which movies (in your collection) the person is in. If you're adding a new person, then they are not in any movies in your collection—or a record would exist. If that's the case, and the plugin is indicating multiple actors with the same name, you have no choice but to open the download page to resolve the ambiguity. This is easier and faster than anything the plugin could do.

Offline whoppers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 05:47:24 am »
Hi Rick

Here's an example.

I add the movie Top Secret and get info from allmovie
I now have the actor Gloria Foster in people.
And when I update her data at imdb, I get about 20 different choices. (Select Person window)
At this moment, it would be nice, if I could see what movie she's in.

It's offcourse not a problem, when updating one person at a time. Only when you update multiple persons.

To solve this, I just use imdb as my cast etc. update source. Then there's no problem, because people gets the imdb number. :)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 07:01:51 am »
To solve this, I just use imdb as my cast etc. update source.

This is what I would recommend. It doesn't make any sense to add the people from Allmovie movie records and then get the people information from IMDb. In any case, IMDb is the best source for filmography data (i.e., who was in what movie). IMO, Allmovie has better descriptions and reviews, along with some other interesting classification data and trivia.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 03:38:38 pm »
I'll consider adding the movie shown in imdb search results in person selection dialog.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

anything