Author Topic: [SOLVED] Change in IMDb titles  (Read 7665 times)

Offline superporky

• View Profile
[SOLVED] Change in IMDb titles
« on: June 22, 2010, 08:57:09 pm »
First off, as this is my first post, thanks for the great program. In the beginning I found it pretty hard to use, but after experimenting some I now love the program! :D

As many of you probably have noticed, IMDb changed their default behaviour regarding titles display to cater to the English speaking world, much to the misery to the rest of us. I.e. 'Nattvardsgästerna' now displays as 'Winter Light' with the original title under the English title. At least IMDb implemented the chance for registered users to set their own preferences: https://secure.imdb.com/register-imdb/siteprefs

Well this behaviour is obviously messing up the importing of original titles with the IMDb-plug-in. I guess you might be working on a fix for this already? If not, is there some way I can do something with the plug-in to make it work as it should, I've noticed that if I change the urls to the mirror site akas.imdb.com instead of www.imdb.com it pretty much works as before, except that it includes the original title as one of the akas as well. And it's way to much hassle to go around changing all those links to akas.imdb anyway...

Any news on this situation, or advice on how to deal with this? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:41:44 am by rick.ca »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Change in IMDb titles
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 01:15:48 am »
I was away for a couple of days. Tomorrow I will take a look at this problem and will probably upload an updated plugin soon.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

buah

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 01:42:56 am »
It turned out that in a way I anticipated IMDb new behavior with my IMDb Conservative Theme  8)

Of course, it's only preview that is anticipated. IMDb plugin still probably should be updated.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 11:31:38 pm »
Fixed
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline superporky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 01:49:19 pm »
Ok, thanks it's definitely fixed now :D A small annoyance is that in the list of search results the titles still turn up as English, that might require a bigger fix on the plug-in?

[off-topic]@buah, I don't consider this change on IMDb's side in any way to be a positive thing.[/off-topic]

anything