Author Topic: Rotten Tomatoes ratings  (Read 7373 times)

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Rotten Tomatoes ratings
« on: June 30, 2010, 12:03:18 pm »

Hi all,

I know a Rotten Tomatoes scraper was already requested and I don't think one has been produced yet.
 What I am wondering is if anyone who has magic programing fingers would be able to create a simple short script that would ONLY scrape the RottenTomates Ratings.
 I find that these ratings reflects much better what I feel than any other.
 Allmovie ratings are good also but really what works better for me are the RT ratings.

So ideally I would love to have a script that would add the RT ratings into a Rotten Tomatoes Rating custom field.
I know this is one of many requests so I do not expect this to be done soon (if ever) but just in case it is easy to build... ;)

Thanks!

Offline jolly_bravo

• View Profile
Re: Rotten Tomatoes ratings
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 01:02:25 pm »
+1
I think that many users of PVD would be interested in this option.
I prefer RT ofer imdb, so i can't wait that this option appears in PVD. I personallywould be happy if i can contribute to this plugin or scraper, but i don't have the knowledge for that :(

Thanks to anyone who tries to make this plugin.
h=f^3

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 10:26:58 pm »

Hi All,
 I have no script writing/programing skills so I don't know if these can help any of you experts in building a Rotten Tomatoes rating scraper, but just in case it does, have a look at these two pages:
 http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/imdb-scraper-rottentomatoes-rating-v1-4-4-a-75637/
 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=55880

The scraper for Media Portal has been designed to only scrape the rotten tomatoes rating, which is really what I am after here.
 Is this useless?
 If it is, don't hesitate in deleting that post, just a shot in the dark here...I really would LOVE to update my movies with this rating.

buah

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 11:09:12 pm »
+1

anything