Author Topic: [SOLVED] Fbembed error when using IMGbyID  (Read 5817 times)

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Fbembed error when using IMGbyID
« on: July 11, 2010, 06:15:10 pm »
 I have a fresh install of PVD (removed settings).
 I am trying to attach posters to a newly create database using IMGID and after pressing "process images" I get the error message "can't load library fbembed.dll"

Nostra you might think this is related to the problem I was trying to solve recently but I am on a different computer with new install of PVD and a new database file (hence not corrupted and that opens with no tweaking needed)

Note: I tried installing firebird and have the services running, I still get the error message...

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:30:17 am by rick.ca »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed (again)Fbembed error when using IMGID?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 07:01:43 pm »
Are imgid.exe and fbembed.dll both in your installation directory?

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 07:10:15 pm »
 No they were not, I did not know that, now I do not get the error message anymore thx.

The problem now however is that it does not seem to match any poster to the entries.

I have exported the ID from my old database so they should match the ID's in the image folder, right?
 Unless the ID's have changed during the re-import into my new database? Where can I find the ID of a movie in the database?

NOTE: The image files are named as follow:  MOVIE NAME_ID.jpg

« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 07:37:41 pm by deazo »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 09:37:40 pm »
It's been a very long time since I've used IMGbyID, so I'm not sure how it works. Have you tried following these instructions?

If I were attempting this, the first thing I would do is ensure all movies have a unique ID by Reindexing movies. Then select the option to save images outside the database. If the resulting images are named [Title]_[ID].jpg, they may need to be renamed to [ID].jpg. Also export the database to CSV and import this into a new database—so the new database uses the same ID's. Then run IMGbyID to import the images to the new database.