Author Topic: [SOLVED] Bugs - Languages, Clear data and Skins.  (Read 5098 times)

Offline Sefdik

• Those were the days ...
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Bugs - Languages, Clear data and Skins.
« on: August 06, 2010, 03:34:02 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I have just found your WONDERFUL piece of software, THANK YOU so much for developing it.
I really like the import and export facilities and the custom fields, really useful to move
stuff from my existing MS Access database.
I am not a progammer but am reasonably computer friendly.
I have looked through the forum but could not find any on the topics below.

I am running 'Windows 7' on an 'ASUS Eee BOX' and using 'PVD ver 0.9.9.21.'.

Bugs or oversights.
===================

LANGUAGE / AUDIO STREAM 1.
  ==========================
    In EDIT mode on a film, there is a 'Languages' field.
    In non edit/view mode this appears as 'Audio Stream 1'.
    If you export the data it appears nicely as 'Languages' again.
    Should it not be Languages al the way through?

MENU - MOVIES - CLEAR.
  ======================
    Having put in or selected the wrong data sometimes I use the CLEAR facility but is does not clear
    the ORIGINAL TITLE or the DATE field and on a subsequent search it picks up the same data.  I have
    to go into EDIT mode and remove the original title and date.   Should this not CLEAR like all
    the other fields.

SKINS.
  ======
     The 'PVD Kinopoisk Theme' and 'PVD IMDB + Kinopoisk Theme' and 'PVD Classic Tabs Remix', and
     quite a few of the others has tab heading in Russian, this is OK if your are Russian.

Wants
=====
   MEDIA TYPE.
   ===========
     Could the default number for media type be '1' when something is entered into the type field, just
     saves a couple of keystrokes.

STATISTICS.
   ===========
     Can we have the statistics so it show the highest numbers first, or even a choice?

Despite all that it's a GREAT piece of software.   I have given you a link on my web-site.

Seth REEDER, Burgundy, France. (Where it is still not raining).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:44:14 am by rick.ca »
/0^0\ - The failures of humanity are those who were too proud or too shy to admit that they did not know - so nobody told them!

buah

Re: Bugs - Languages, Clear data and Skins.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 04:24:32 pm »
 SKINS.
  ======
The 'PVD Kinopoisk Theme' and 'PVD IMDB + Kinopoisk Theme' and 'PVD Classic Tabs Remix', and
     quite a few of the others has tab heading in Russian, this is OK if your are Russian.

Hi Sefdik and welcome.

Maybe you should try my IMDB Conservative Theme which is basically modified and adapted IMDb Theme. If you don't like it, you can always modify any existing theme so to suite your needs.

Burgundy, France. (Where it is still not raining).

Too bad for vineyards...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 04:26:06 pm by buah »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 09:33:53 pm »
Welcome, Seth.

LANGUAGE / AUDIO STREAM 1.

"Audio Stream n" is a composite "field" defined in the skin. Click the "+" to expand it and see the individual fields.

MENU - MOVIES - CLEAR.

I agree. It's difficult to imagine a case where the data needs to be cleared, but Original title and Year are correct. I suppose this is why I seldom use it. The Title normally needs to be revised anyway (to resolve the search problem), so I find it easier to Ctrl-Delete the record an create a new one.

SKINS.

Except for the defaults, skins are user-created. They're intended to be illustrations of what you might create for yourself. If you like one of those skins, you can edit it to change the captions to whatever you like.

MEDIA TYPE.

Along with the other media fields, this should be filled when the file is scanned. What happens if you Re-read file information?

STATISTICS.

I doubt we're going to see further development of the Statistics feature. It makes more sense to add summary statistics to Advanced Search (and perhaps filters) so we can generate whatever information we want. This, along with the ability to save Advanced Search queries, would effectively replace the functionality of Statistics with something completely flexible and configurable.

Offline Sefdik

• Those were the days ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 12:43:24 pm »
I think I understand most of that, thanks anyway ...

Seth, Burgundy France.
/0^0\ - The failures of humanity are those who were too proud or too shy to admit that they did not know - so nobody told them!