Author Topic: [FAQ] Series added - asks for title for every single episode!  (Read 17333 times)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Series added - asks for title for every single episode!
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 12:42:40 pm »
When importing, i will get a pop-up at every episode.

0. Select Help - Check for updates to make sure you have the latest version of the plugin.

Did you do this?

s03e14 to s03e18 and the entire season 4, got not info - rest is loaded the first time. Bug maby?

I've already commented that director and writer data seems to be missing from all episodes. I see also that E14-18 got no screen shots, although they exist on the website. I have no idea whether these would be problems with the plugin, or if the data simply doesn't exist in the archive that's made available to the plugin by the API.

If i use silent mode, that will mean, that if it guesses wrong on a movie title - it will name it with a wrong title?

I assume you're changing the topic—this has no bearing on adding episodes or scanning media. Silent mode means no prompts. So, yes, if a plugin needs to resolve an ambiguity in a search, it can't and has to skip the record. If you want update a large number of movies, run the plugin in silent mode. When it's done, use a search, sort or grouping to isolate the one's that were skipped. Turn off silent mode and run the plugin again.

Offline Happy2k

• User
    • View Profile
Re: Series added - asks for title for every single episode!
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 01:31:07 pm »
When importing, i will get a pop-up at every episode.

0. Select Help - Check for updates to make sure you have the latest version of the plugin.

Did you do this?

Yep.

s03e14 to s03e18 and the entire season 4, got not info - rest is loaded the first time. Bug maby?

I've already commented that director and writer data seems to be missing from all episodes. I see also that E14-18 got no screen shots, although they exist on the website. I have no idea whether these would be problems with the plugin, or if the data simply doesn't exist in the archive that's made available to the plugin by the API.

I didnt notice director and writer were missing. However, the description of the episode is missing from s03e14-18 and the entire season 4. For some reason isnt there loaded any info on those - eventho it exists, and can be loaded manually afterwards. Season 1+2 and the remaining of season 3, all get their info loaded just fine - so i think there's a bug with s03e14-18 and s04.

If i use silent mode, that will mean, that if it guesses wrong on a movie title - it will name it with a wrong title?

I assume you're changing the topic—this has no bearing on adding episodes or scanning media. Silent mode means no prompts. So, yes, if a plugin needs to resolve an ambiguity in a search, it can't and has to skip the record. If you want update a large number of movies, run the plugin in silent mode. When it's done, use a search, sort or grouping to isolate the one's that were skipped. Turn off silent mode and run the plugin again.

Ok, thanks - was like i guessed.

Note: I just reinstalled PVD, and updated everything again. Now it seems to be working better. I no longer get a popup for every episode - actually.. i dont get a single popup!
s04e01-03 and s04e06-10 are now the only ones that doesnt get info loaded automaticly. Huge improvement.

Seems like updating from IMDB is better than TheTVDB - at least then i get all the actors from cross reference (like you said earlier).

Thanks for the help all of you :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 01:37:31 pm by Happy2k »

anything