Author Topic: A way to individually disable a plugin from the GUI  (Read 6140 times)

Offline daddydave

• View Profile
    • Me on Google+
A way to individually disable a plugin from the GUI
« on: August 11, 2010, 11:26:52 am »
Hi, I'm new here but have a possible feature request, hopefully a small but useful one.

I just finished deleting all the plugins that used sites not in my own language, along with pvdtotray.dll. It was easy to do but I really had to pay attention, closing and opening PVD several times to see what dll did what, and not something I would recommend to my less geeky friends. This no doubt will become more and more error prone as the word of PVD spreads to all corners of the world, requiring plugins in languages from Azerbaijani to Zulu, when presumably there would be 300 items on my import menu. So I would suggest an interface for disabling a plugin OR at least make it so that "Check for updates" doesn't grab all the plugins that I declined from the initial install.

EDIT: I just found Tools -> Preferences -> Internet connection -> Ignore list. I'm not sure why it's a blank list for me, but apparently there already is a way to be selective on the check updates feature. So my request is only a way to disable a plugin regardless of whether it is being updated.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 11:37:48 am by daddydave »

buah

Re: A way to individually disable a plugin from the GUI
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 03:45:07 pm »
Delete plugins and scripts you don't want to have. Run PVD, run update. Right click on each plugin update you don't want to receive notifications of.

If you later want to reenable some, delete it from Tools -> Preferences -> Internet connection -> Ignore list.

Offline daddydave

• View Profile
    • Me on Google+
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 06:43:15 pm »
Delete plugins and scripts you don't want to have. Run PVD, run update. Right click on each plugin update you don't want to receive notifications of.

If you later want to reenable some, delete it from Tools -> Preferences -> Internet connection -> Ignore list.

This helps, if I can get it working. Did that just now, and the updates it found were 100% stuff I had just deleted, so I unchecked all and hit OK, and my Ignore List was still blank. So I thought, maybe I have to leave one checked so that it does an actual update, so I checked PVD to Tray which it updated, it restarted PVD and my ignore list is still blank.

FWIW I am running version 0.9.9.21 on Windows 7 x64 and installed to the default location of C:\Program Files (x86)\Personal Video Database and I run PVD as administrator.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 06:58:35 pm »
You need to right click the unneeded update and select Ignore...
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline daddydave

• View Profile
    • Me on Google+
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 07:12:52 pm »
Sorry, I should learn to read better.  :)