Author Topic: [SOLVED] Number of movies doesnt match  (Read 4667 times)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Number of movies doesnt match
« on: September 08, 2010, 06:38:29 pm »
If the number of movies in PVD doesnt match with the number of folder (= number of movies) - how can i find out which it is? Without doing it manually... :)

I assume you've run Scan folders... and resolved any issues it reveals (e.g., a video file is found, but not properly matched to a record in the database). If you're sure the numbers should match, this might be a good time to roll up your sleeves and fine-tune your File Scanner configuration. The most direct way to do that is to do what you're trying to avoid—determine exactly why there's a difference. The files that account for the difference should suggest what the problem is and how to fix it. For example, you may find the discrepancy is caused by some files with unusual names that are not recognized by your regex. You can either amend your regex so those filenames are recognized, or change the filenames to something that will be recognized. Either way, you will have eliminated those particular causes of potential future discrepancies.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:49:20 am by rick.ca »

Offline Happy2k

• User
    • View Profile
Re: Number of movies doesnt match
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 10:13:46 pm »
I actually found out why there was a mismatch - PVD was working somewhat correctly. The issue were, that two movies existed in both 720p and 1080p. PVD would only load one of them into the database - and each time PVD was started, it would say that the path had been changed.

Deleted those, and.. the numbers match now ;)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Number of movies doesnt match
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 10:40:47 pm »
There are, of course, valid reasons for associating multiple files to one record. Some may want to keep different versions. I record a trailer and log files in addition to my movie files. As you've discovered, the scanner cannot handle these. Hopefully, this will be changed in 1.0.