Author Topic: censored  (Read 7210 times)

Offline CAD

• Older Power User
  • I've got my eye on you!
    • View Profile
censored
« on: September 08, 2010, 08:12:55 am »
I edited your last post to Reviving the Wiki to remove some of the venom and personal attack. Having to do so is annoying and draining. So, according to my usual practise, the need to do so again will result in your post being deleted.

When I asked for clarification on what I posted that was personal attack, so I could avoid having my posts censored

As promised...  ::)

[deleted]

User 'rick.ca' has blocked your personal message.
you really are juvenile
How old are you - Really  ::)

Please explain what defines a personal attack/venom so all forum members can avoid having their posts censored.
three fingered salutation

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: censored
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 10:31:16 am »
Please explain what defines a personal attack/venom so all forum members can avoid having their posts censored.

If you insist...

Rubbish - You have made no attempt to see others points of view. It is your usual pig headed attitude, that I have seen on many posts, that you are right and everyone else is wrong. In fact it is you have attacked the idea of using the wiki as document repository rather than argue the merits and possible methods of making your ideas work. Try addressing some of the concerns listed below and how they could be overcome instead of attacking people based on their comments.

I also trimmed some other venomous stuff—which would probably surprise any reader of what I left intact. You post was clearly the result of a temper tantrum. If you think that's unfair, tough. If you can't be responsible enough to self-edit, you'll have no right to complain about leaving it up to the moderator.

And then you continued your tantrum by personal message. It seems my decision to block any additional messages was necessary. So here we are. Happy now?

Offline CAD

• Older Power User
  • I've got my eye on you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 11:03:01 am »
What a load of bollocks.

the word "Rubbish" is venomous is it?

usual pig headed attitude,
This can be backed up by fact in many posts, including ones that you have posted yourself.
You must be pretty thin skinned to be so deeply offended by this.

there was no temper involved and I only addressed issues you had raised

The rest of the section addresses what details in the post and in no way reflects on you.

Please post the personal message I replied back to you. There was nothing personal in it.
I asked you to review my original posts to see that there were no personal attacks in it.
And provide feedback regarding what constitutes a personal attack  so it could be avoided in the future.

Your response was a childish deleting of the message and then blocking further attempts at correspondence in a private setting.

How about leveling the playing field and providing others with moderator access so your rants and self indulgent posts can also moderated.

You could also put my post here in its entirety and let other decide if it was venomous or not
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:22:59 am by CAD »
three fingered salutation

Offline patch

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 12:41:22 pm »
How about leveling the playing field and providing others with moderator access so your rants and self indulgent posts can also moderated.
There really is zero chance of rick willingly allowing that to happen.
http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=1429.0

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 01:04:55 am »
Moderation is a hard thing to do in general and people often feel repressed when their posts get moderated or deleted, but sometimes a moderator just needs to do what he/she thinks is best for the forum. Rick does just that.

I gave Rick moderator rights as he is very active in the forum helping people and putting different interesting ideas for discussion and, I think, he made a good job in this role so far. Of course, there always will be different opinions on moderation methods and moderators are also not always perfectly right or democratic about certain stuff, but nobody can do anything about it.

I could give moderator rights to someone else and I am pretty sure that similar problems would come out.
This forum is made for PVD support and discussing feature suggestions. If a conversation goes beyond these topics it is OK for a moderator to remove or change posts.

So, for the sake of Personal Video Database, please, do not fight about irrelevant stuff and concentrate on good ideas!
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!