English > Feature Suggestions

New version? [1.0.0 to be released in 2011]

(1/7) > >>

deazo:
OK I am going to be politically incorrect, rude and pushy, and ask the question that I am sure a lot of people here have in mind.........

When can we expect a new version from Nostra?

I know I shouldn't ask this, considering PVD is free for all of us (thank u thank u thank u), but I just can't resist!

patch:

--- Quote from: deazo on September 10, 2010, 12:23:22 pm ---
 OK I am going to be politically incorrect, rude and pushy, and ask the question that I am sure a lot of people here have in mind......... When can we expect a new version from Nostra?
I know I shouldn't ask this, considering PVD is free for all of us (thank u thank u thank u), but I just can't resist!

--- End quote ---
Forum header says version 1 is in development which is a recent addition. Nostra has said the same also. So you already have your answer.

I suspect the real answer you wanted is when. I the past the answer has always been when it is ready. However as version 1 is a major upgrade it is likely to be a longer gap in time than recent minor version upgrades. So I suppose the answer is a long time yet as it was between 0.98 and 0.99

Edit:
Sorry deazo I should have read your post more closely.

deazo:

--- Quote ---I suspect the real answer you wanted is when
--- End quote ---

That's actually the only question I have asked...

nostra:
I wanted to be ready with version 1 just before new year, but while I am working I get more ideas and more stuff to do, so it is unlikely to happen so soon. I hope to provide a "Technology Preview" version in 2-3 months.

rick.ca:
Well, that's further off than many might have guessed, so I'll offer my workaround: Stop waiting! I'm serious. The pain of waiting is self-inflicted. It's a direct cause an expectation or projection—simple thoughts that have nothing to do with our reality. The classic example is the pain many suffer "waiting" in a lineup. Don't wait. Be. Being in the lineup is absolutely no different than being anywhere else. Use the time to think of a way to improve your movie database, or how to make the cashier smile. Works for me. 8)

Nostra, if it helps at all, I withdraw my requests for Holo View and the automatic popcorn maker. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version