Author Topic: Customizing Skins.....  (Read 4305 times)

Offline alt255

• View Profile
Customizing Skins.....
« on: September 16, 2010, 12:17:16 am »
Hi Rick and nostra,

I like what you have done, and I *REALLY* hate to ask you for help. I want to change the layout (Skin?) of the classic skin. I tried to modify the skin xml file, and it basically blows-up ( no data returned) or a kind of weird, where labels aren't displayed and where I thought it should have been.

So I would like to help myself, but I'm at a dead end. I downloaded Firebird, and looked at XML editors and I'm getting no where quick.  I do see one of the custom fields ( depending how badly I mangled the source XML file), but it's not visible unless I go to edit mode. I'm trying to get the indicator and wallet ID on the first page for quick reference.

The skinny is I want two custom fields a "Burnt" indicator and a Wallet ID ( text field)
I have set these fields up in the preferences window, and then manually altered the XML file to refer to these field names. But to no avail. Do you have any ideas/documentation (even partial...I know ANSI SQL, but this app seems to be a black box).

Anyways good job in leveraging Firebird for this excellent app.

-Roger

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Customizing Skins.....
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 12:20:47 am »
The Skin Engine Manual is available here: http://www.videodb.info/help/hlp_skins.html

If you still fail to achieve what you need, then feel free to ask for further help.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!