Author Topic: [SOLVED] Multiple delete "Actors"  (Read 5815 times)

Offline abubin

• User
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Multiple delete "Actors"
« on: September 20, 2010, 07:07:47 pm »
I was previously using another moviedb software. I have since imported the data into PVD (using excel method). I have done a lot of updates on it and adding all the pics and covers which are not possible to be imported using excel.

However, I found that the Actors section is incorrect. It is showing Actor Name as Character Name. Eg, Daniel Craig as James Bond Olga Kuryenko as Somename and so on.

This has messed up the People profile section which is unable to identify the actors correctly.

To fix this, I have to delete the whole actors entry in the move and then import again from IMDB.

I tried setting the imdb script to overwrite actors but it did not "overwrite". I just added the actors list in addition to the existing ones.

Any idea how to fix this?

BTW, PVD is awesome!!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:38:27 am by rick.ca »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Multiple delete "Actors"
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 07:14:45 pm »
I tried setting the imdb script to overwrite actors but it did not "overwrite". I just added the actors list in addition to the existing ones.

Maybe you have the "Merge filmography" option on?

Also, if all the people in the database are wrong you can switch people mode select all of them and CTRL+Delete them. Then download the right data from IMDB.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline abubin

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 07:20:34 pm »
It works!! I just need to disable merge filmography.

Thanks nostra for the fast reply.

Offline abubin

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 07:32:19 pm »
BTW, the people view currently only have like 10 actors. These was manually created by me when I click on an actor from the actor list in the movie view.

I am sure there is a way to add actors into the people list when downloading the actor's list from IMDB. Would appreciate if someone could tell me which option I need to enable or disable.

Thanks.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 08:42:04 pm »
I am sure there is a way to add actors into the people list when downloading the actor's list from IMDB. Would appreciate if someone could tell me which option I need to enable or disable.

The credit data included in movies is, of course, recorded in the database. The records, however, are not visible because Preferences>People>Show People added from movie credits is not set. As you've discovered, when you use a people link in Movie View, the people record is made visible in People View. Change this setting, and all your people records will be visible.

anything