Author Topic: [SOLVED] big picture for movies and people?  (Read 18980 times)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: big picture for movies and people?
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 01:34:53 am »
so why not use that link when getting info for a single episode?

It does. Are you sure you're running the IMDb plugin and not another?

can i disable(remove)websearch menu from pvd?.i dont use it and it causes problems when i run pvd in linux with wine

No. How is it creating a problem if you don't use it?

Offline rd1381

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2010, 11:54:59 am »
1.yes i am sure it searches by name for episodes and i thinks now that i checked it was mentioned in forums before without an answer.
right now i checked again but it seems to work only for episode of series that have unique names like the true blood series.

now it seems the problem it that it doesnt asign a imdb link to some tv series though they have imdb links for each episode. like the series 'tell me you love me' that has a page for series and a page for each episode.it doesnt add the imdb link to each episode of the series in pvd
now that i checked it pvd has some problems with tv series on imdb, for example i added th e 4 seasons of true blood series and for 3 seasons plugin can get the info if run after adding the series n individual episodes , but for season 4 even though it has imdb page if i run plugin on individual episodes it says not found.
or another one is if i delete a season from a series entry i cant add it later by running the imdb script for that series ( even though i have selected overwrite option for imdb plugin)

omg i checked again( i am checking as i write) and it seems that the links were from before the new imdb plugin and the new one doesnt even get the link for episodes.(the old one did)so i guess this  an error added in the new imdb plugin (maybe because of imdb redesigns?)
what i mean is that i deleted true blood and added it again to get the season four that was deleted but now that the episodes are added there is no imdb link in there info and so using imdb plugin on them searches by name again.

2.my problem it not pvd but running it in linux with help of wine emulator.it uses i smaller window than my monitor screen(which i configured that way and dont want to change) .now when i run pvd inside wine in has to slide the tool-bar sliders to left so that they all fir but this makes some buttons disappear ( totally wine fault not pvd) so i have ( for example for switching between movie and people view ) drag the slider next to switch button to right so that  that button appear .

another suggestion:
is there any way to have a irc channel for help so that the issues get resolved faster? and then the most needed sulotion can be added to this forum as sticky post
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 12:08:07 pm by rd1381 »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2010, 05:32:16 pm »
1. Maybe the problem is season 4 of True Blood hasn't happened yet? ::)

2. Drag the Search Bar to a second row.

3. If anyone wants to chat, they may do so. But not with me. ;)

Offline rd1381

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2010, 06:06:44 pm »
1i now checked that i doesn't get links for season 1-3 of true blood either.(*it did before with older version of imdb plugin) so that when i get info for any of said episode it shows a list to chose and its obvious that it search name of episode not imdb link.
so i think the new imdb plugin and redesign of imdb may have caused this.

2. i can drag it but next time its back to its previous position

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2010, 07:17:34 pm »
1. It works fine for me. Do you have Episodes checked in both Overwrite settings and the plugin configuration? If so and it still doesn't get episode links, please post a log.

2. That's as good as it's going to get.

Offline rd1381

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2010, 08:26:55 pm »
1."Do you have Episodes checked in both Overwrite settings and the plugin configuration?" i have set in plugin config but i dont know where is this Overwrite settings that you say.

anyway if i try with a new database even then it doesn't get the imdb links for episodes.

2.wish there wa checkbox that could make that search vanish :)

two picture for same episode that one where added before imdb changes and the other is when i try new imdb plugin

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:33:53 pm by rd1381 »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2010, 09:08:39 pm »
1. See attached. [Edit] This won't make any difference. If you didn't have Episodes checked in Overwrite settings, no episode records would be added. :-\

2. Wishing won't help. ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:22:38 pm by rick.ca »

Offline rd1381

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010, 09:39:33 pm »
1. See attached. [Edit] This won't make any difference. If you didn't have Episodes checked in Overwrite settings, no episode records would be added. :-\

i have selected episode info in imdb plugin  to be overwrited and as i said it happens with a new database too.
and if you look at attached files you see that one have imdb link and the other doesnt and if i use imdb script to get info on both of them the second one would do a name search from imdb to find the episode which is not helpful if  the episode has no name but the first one would get the data directly from its imdb address and thats what it should do( and it used to do it that way.

like people info page that when i use imdb script on a actor it gets the info from its imdb page and doesnt search the imdb for that actor's name.

hope i explained it correctly

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2010, 10:20:14 pm »
the first one would get the data directly from its imdb address and thats what it should do

I'm sure that's what it would do—if there were URL's. Because there's not, it's doing title searches. The problem is the update of the series did not get the URL's. It works fine for me. I can only guess it might have something to do with the redesign—as that seems to affect different users in different ways. Are you getting the same result for different series? Whenever you run the plugin? Does anything change if you re-run the plugin?

Offline rd1381

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 12:13:45 am »
that is my point exactly. the script (not update , even with fresh database) doesn't get urls for episodes so then getting data for them becomes almost impossible.

and i tired it again and again and it doesnt get urls.
i tried with imdb login and without it.i tired setting imdb design to old one(it my imdb account page there is that option ,but it seems that the new imdb plugin is not gonna work with that(havent tired that ).

do i get this correct?: with a fresh updated pvd , some users dont get urls for episodes?thats very .....
you mean if you get a new pvd (i use portable version of pvd) and update the plugins and the search for a series i may or may not get urls?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 03:25:19 am »
do i get this correct?: with a fresh updated pvd , some users dont get urls for episodes?thats very .....

...strange? No. If IMDb is rolling-out changes that affect the plugins and not updating their servers simultaneously, then different users are going to get different results. I have no idea how that works, but the theory fits what we've been seeing in the recent past. All I can suggest is waiting patiently until nostra figures out what's going on.

Offline rd1381

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2010, 12:21:50 pm »
phew
thanks
so the answer is to wait for imdb to settle down?.
the bad thing is as soon as i found this program(pvd) it seems that imdb tries to mess with me with changing its style.
i even remember that i saw the imdb new style first when i used opera some time ago but it didnt happen in ie or firefox and it was very confusing.

so for now i dont add series till its settled.
thanks for all the answers.